The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2009-05-27

The Old is New

This past weekend I went with my friend, M, to an antique show. It's held twice a year at Christie's Conservation Area (for the locals, it's off HWY 5) and the next one is Sept. 12, 2009. Write it on your calendars now!!! There is so much cool stuff there, anything and everything you could imagine. As our house is getting a little full, I stayed away from decor but when we get our next house (bigger...), it'll be open season. I love antique furniture and for what you would spend at Leon's or IKEA, you can get something unique and not made of particle board. I bought a few pieces of jewelry, a fur muff, a silk scarf... you know, all those lovely things that I absolutely don't need but I covet anyways. One booth had HUGE statement necklaces for about $350, they were ridiculously awesome and yup... way out of my price range. One day...
Oh ya, and I nearly forgot the best part. It's all licensed, so you can shop and sip a bevi. Nice, right?

Some photos...

christie's yen

Skirt? Joe Fresh
Belt? Fossil, consignment
Tank? CK, Winners (pretty crochet open back)
Leather and tie-dye bag? thrifted
Sunglasses? L's again
Sandals? Urban Outfitters
Cuffs? Vintage, auction
After the picture was taken, I noticed the hungry bum beside me. Nice.

christie's maria
Stopping for a hotdog and fries at 10:30 am. M's pregnant but what's my excuse? It was the breakfast/lunch of champions (champion shoppers). M, I love your D&G anchor sunglasses... you know that...

christie's bathing

Seriously sweet vintage one piece. I wanted it but I wasn't about to go in some sketch antique dealer's truck to try it on. Oh well, I'll comfort myself by thinking it probably would never have fit nice anyways. Besides, the mannequin looks great, I've got nothing on her...

5 comments :

Linda said...

Glad to see you are getting alot of use out of those painful sunglasses. I get a headache just looking at them.

Kyla said...

Love that skirt!

Rachel H said...

yes. definitely love the skirt...did you just buy it?? I may or may not have to go out and get it...and then not look as good...

myedit said...

I got the skirt in the fall. Sorry. The only thing it is missing is pockets...

Danielle said...

I LOVE that skirt!!! Looks like great fun, thanks for sharing the pics :)