The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2013-10-28

Rad Plaid

plaid5
plaid4
plaid1
plaid9

Boots? Nine West, Winners (suede here or on sale, size 10 in leather here) Scarf? h&m (here
Skirt? Winners Jacket? Costa Blanca Purse? Thrifted

I kinda feel like this giant plaid scarf is my Winter 2013 Fashion Blogger indicator. I think most seasons have some items that just scream fashion blogger. I mean, they are usually part of the general trend direction but there are always a few specific things that fashion bloggers seem to flock to and adopt en mass. When I first started blogging it was more of a look that we all went for; we belted cardigans, knotted skirts and paperbagged the waists of too big skirts and now (be in through widespread sponsorships or just the general increase of online shopping which makes items available across the board) it seems to be more about specific items; the J. Crew bubble necklace (or the knock-offs), the Rebecca Minkoff purse or the sequin lips sweatshirt... There needs to be a game show where fashion bloggers can be dated according to what they are wearing. I'm not saying I would win at this game show but I am saying I would be tough competition...

'That's so Spring 2011!'

If I wasn't so busy painting my nails three times a day, I would love to do a study on the micro (maybe not so micro) industry of fashion blogging inside the general larger fashion industry and the push and pull of trends between the two... But I've got a chip on my thumb nail, so I only have time to say that I am fully aware that the internets made me buy this plaid scarf. But it's so warm! And any fashion trend that has an element of practicality (Birkenstocks? I decided I'm on board, they are a good orthopaedic choice...) will get an extra point or two from me. I'm 30 now. I actually value function a little... 





11 comments :

The Moda Intersection (Nailah) said...

LOVE! Very simple, but classic and chic look!

Nailah Ali
www.theofficearmoire.com

maria said...

Love the scarf, but then again I'm a blogger so I guess I must ;)

Linda said...

No you don't..

jentine said...

Linda- Girl, I wear steel toes and fleece lined leggings to work. Function. It happens;)

Annick said...

Blogging definitely has a micro industry in itself - other popular items include that damn Philip Lim Pashli, and that Celine bag too! I have to say though, I love my Rebecca Minkoff MAC mini and I actually owned it before I started fashion blogging. It's just so practical!

Love your look today - I've been looking for a cozy red plaid scarf like yours! Uh oh? Have you just influenced a purchase in me? ;)

Bold Subtlety

The Wearist said...

Love this look! The silhouette of the skirt is so different!

Taylor
The Wearist
thewearist.blogspot.com

Think Twice Style said...

Funny thing... I'm actually doing my thesis on why people buy items that blogger recommend more than when brands use traditional advertising. Similar topic and so so so interesting! Mostly I've found that people are easily manipulated and complete idiots (as I wear my mustard knit snood from Fall 2012).

Sydney Page said...

Such a great look - very edgy but glam. And as I'm nearing almost 30 myself (11 months...yikes) I'm all about functionality and an early bedtime.

Dana said...

great scarf. love the whole outfit!

www.thecasualclassic.com

Leah said...

Love this "Fall blogger" look on you. The red scarf will be a staple I'm sure.

Ladies in Navy said...

darling boots!