The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2010-06-09

Friends Who Draw

Some people have asked what happened to my blogging buddy/university sidekick Linda and her Struggles of a Creative Mind blog... Linda is doing well! Her and her blog just decided to call it quits; it was a mutual decision and both parties remain amicable. They split the assets with the blog keeping her time well wasted and Linda keeping her sanity. I totally understand Linda's reasons for quitting her blog but I do miss it. Last year we were constantly together as I was in her wedding party and there was a lot to do but this year, our big girl schedules and an annoying stretch of traffic congested highway have kept us separated for far too long. Her blog was an excellent way to keep up to date with her life and exchange witty remarks. Boo...
Linda is still doing Misketch however and she surprised me with an illustration from this post. Because that's what good friends do... they send pretty sketches in times of need. You don't do that? You should start...

misketch


Linda asked me to share 5 random, deep secrets about myself for this post. I don't think I have that many good secrets and if I did, it would probably take vodka, not illustrations to get them out of me. But I can do random... here goes...

#1. I can't set timers or alarms to 'regular' numbers. My alarm goes at 6:07 and I always set the oven at odd temps too... Perhaps why my baking is usually a fail?
#2. I don't really like cereal but lately I can't get enough of Vector. I had it every day for dinner when Matt was away on business.
#3. I will pet your dog or cat before I pay any attention to your baby... sorry, kinda terrible for that...
#4. I would like to be on The Bachelor. Mostly to see if I can say 'We had a connection...' to the camera with a straight face.
#5. I've been trying to grow my hair out for a year... and if I look at pictures from last year to now, it seems it is only a bit longer. Soooo slowwwww....

Now it's your turn... what makes you so random?

12 comments :

Sidewalk Chic said...

I clicked on her blog a couple days ago and was so sad to see she deleted it. So sad, in fact, that I'm still keeping Linda on my blogroll in the hopes she might come back one day. Linda, if you're reading -- your voice will be missed! Plus you did a super good job with Yen's sketch.

Yen, I think we're the same person sometimes -- I set my alarm on random numbers and I'd rather play with people's pets than their babies.

Random fact about me: I'm obsessive compulsive about checking to see whether I've set my parking brake and whether my lights are off. I will check it five times before I leave the car, and sometimes I will walk back to check again. I have a weird fear that I'll leave it in neutral in the parking lot or I'll leave the lights on and my battery will die.

Elaine said...

I love Linda's sketch of you! It was one of my fave outfits :) So classy.

Loved reading your random facts! How would your husband feel if you were on The Bachelor?!? lol!

My random fact: I'm OCD about clean feet. I can't stand dirty floors or dirty feet...

clothed much, a modest fashion blog

Lovers, Saints & Sailors said...

Oh, I have a whole plethora of random things. But here's one: I have to like the "feeling" of something before I choose it. I can spend 5 minutes picking up all the different loaves of the same brand of bread before I like the "feeling" of one.

I like your timer/alarm thing. It sounds very much like something my family would do.

Linda said...

AHAHAA...You are soo good, 10 witty point for you.
Thanks for the shoutout for Misketch.
I'm interested to get some vodka into you now.

Kimmielovesparis said...

I enjoy reading your blog...a lot of work I know but it's appreciated. So thank you.

My random fact is I am always locking doors. I've done this since I was little...I check each door to the outside each night. Even when I know someone else has locked it...I still have to check.

And I have a real issue with getting my hands dirty while cooking...I really hate it if I have to handle meat or cookie dough.

Cheers

GFS said...

I need to get one of those Misketch pictures.

Random: I have a secret addiction to buttercream frosting...as in I dip my finger in and take a swipe. It's quite unhealthy and fattening and embarrassing! lol

Secondhand Stella said...

Love the Misketch!!!

Hmmm, this might not be so secret, but if I don't go thrift shopping for a few days I start to go into withdrawals and imagining all the good things I could be missing.

veronika, tick tock vintage. said...

i'm the same way - i could give a hoot about a baby, but when i see a fluffy pup walking by on the sidewalk, i'm all over it.

AsianCajuns (Lar) said...

Oh I miss Linda and her blog too! Maybe she can make guest appearances on "My Edit"?
Great random facts, Jentine! The one random fact I can think of (whilst a procrastinate at work- woohoo): I spend roughly 11+ hours a day on a computer (graphic designer by day, blogger by night), but I hate computers- even these pretty Macs. I wish typewriters would come back, or, even better, pen and paper!

GS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GS said...

I miss her too! Any luck you can do some persuasive talking?! ;)
It's scary how similar your 1, 2, and 3 random facts are to mine. Except I don't eat Vector. Nor did I while your husband was away on business lol.
But yes, dogs and cats > babies anyday!

gina said...

That's a great drawing of you!

I also will pay attention to dogs and cats before babies. Babies are cute and fun, but I love furry cuddly animals!