The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2009-06-14

Something Borrowed, Something Blue

june 12 front 2



june 12 close up


Dress? Elie Tahari, Off Saks 5th Avenue
Satin peep-toe shoes? Nine West, Winners
Necklace? thrifted and borrowed
Clutch (lying on the ground)? thrifted

My dad has great taste and finds the MOST amazing things at garage sales and antique markets. I wish I had more time to go garage saling with him every Saturday, but maybe it's better that I don't because we would be competing for the same thing. Haha, family fights erupting all over Hamilton lawns on Saturday mornings...
I had many ideas on how to style this dress for the wedding I went to this past weekend, however, when my dad thrifted this beautiful necklace a few weeks ago, I knew it was just right. Often, I will borrow items indefinitely, but because it was just purchased and it looks lovely on my mom too, I did the right thing and returned it this morning. That was very good of me, I think...
The dress is lovely navy chiffon from Elie Tahari. The original price tag said $600 and I got it for.... oh yes, this deserves a build-up.... $33.50!!!! I would like to thank every shopper who left this dress behind, mark-down after mark-down, for me!

june 12 road 1


june12 road 2


june 12 road 3

10 comments :

Unknown said...

You look gorgeous. What a beautiful dress, and the necklace is an amazing piece.

C said...

That is such a beautiful dress! And I love the setting of the photos...everything about them is gorgeous!

Kyla said...

Gorgeous pictures and gorgeous dress! What an awesome steal!

OmnisLucis said...

oh my, i can't believe you scored that amazing Elie Tahari for a funny price?!! and your dad does have great taste, the necklace is beautiful.

Danielle said...

Gorgeous!!! and what a great deal, i am so jealous!

Linda said...

holy wow....top picture is my favorite. I thought the dress was hot on the hanger but by goodness....thank goodness my wedding colour is black...:)

RH said...

OK....I love this one!!!! If I have to, I will starve for many months to fit into this one, should you be compelled to lend it out :)

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog- and I love your style! This dress is gorgeous on you! I also love the photography, you find a lot of cool places to take pics!

Aspiring Couture said...

beatuiful pictures! I just love them :)

-allison
http://aspiringcouture.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Holy moly, that is a helluva bargain for a truly stunning dress! You must've racked up some good karma to land that one, doll.

Thanks for your lovely comment today!