The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2009-06-08

Enabler

Do you ever have a fantastic new outfit that you are dying to wear but every time you want to wear it, it's too cold, too rainy or just not right? And you don't want to ruin the perfect first wear on a so-so occasion? I got both the skirt and the shoes a while ago and finally I'm wearing them.

enabler 1



enabler 2


enabler 3
Skirt? Pink Tartan, Winners
Button-up? Ralph Lauren, Winners
Shoes? Derek Lam, Holt's LC
Tooled leather purse? thrifted, whether it's mine or my mom's is disputed...
Cuff? My mom's (for sure, unlike the purse...)

Of anything that I have bought these last two months, these items are the most frivolous, unnecessary and fabulous. The Pink Tartan skirt is such a classic shape but the nude colouring makes it quite trendy. It was from the designer rack at Winners and while I usually wait for the red tags to appear, I actually bought this skirt full price!!! Ahhh!!! BUT, it is from Winners, so it is already discounted... which makes me feel a little less guilty. The Derek Lam shoes were from Holt Renfrew Last Call, and they were having one of their super discounted, 'get out of my way' sales. Yes, we need to carpet the stairs, paint the exterior of the house and save for Europe but I pretty much got them at 85% off! Besides, the more I think about it, the more I realize I am not to blame for these purchases. I have an Enabler! Though these items were bought several weeks apart, I was shopping with the same friend both times and she made me do it. She always makes me cave when she starts to talk quality. I have no problem leaving something cute behind at H&M if I think it's over priced, because I'll get over it faster than you can say 'my sweater is pilling'. But when I find something of superior quality and beauty for a very competitive price, I am weak... In this case, my shoes and skirt make me smile with delight, so thank you Enabler! Matt says we can't shop together anymore (haha, he would never)!!! So readers... who's your enabler???

p.s. thanks for all the nice comments in the last couple posts... you make my day!!!

13 comments :

Danielle said...

U look so fab, i am lovin that clutch!!!

Unknown said...

Cute skirt! Is that a pocket in the front?

C.Elizabeth and Natalia said...

Loving the outfit. It's so classic and feminine.

C.Elizabeth

Rachel H said...

love love love the outfit...
and the shoes. I mean how could you not?!

Linda said...

Sniff....I'm your enabler? I feel so proud...
Hot hot hot the shoes are "dayamn!"...thats the only word for it and the shirt...well its about time she made the appearance...I'm wanting those shoes now.

Linda said...

when I said "shirt" i meant "skirt" sorry, I am way over tired.

Shauna said...

Love the outfit and totally coveting the shoes - good thing we have the same sized feet

myedit said...

Yes, Shauna.. good thing:)! I'm thinking of doing a post of us wearing as much leopard print at once as we can... you in???
Sher-yup, it's a little impractical pocket...

Linda said...

I am my own enabler...

Shauna said...

I am in! Even got a new pair of red pumps with leopard print - meow!!

Anonymous said...

This shirt is amazing! I love your style...def going on the blogroll :)

tice said...

replica bags near me replica bags vuitton joy replica bags review

sithayth said...

c0m76t3l62 o4y72o7e31 u9y39d9q75 a3h46j8w89 c6y44i9o92 f2p39f4r22