The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2013-04-24

Skirt Suit

white2
white4
white3
white6
white1
white5

Skirt? c/o Jacob (here) Blazer? Thrifted Boots? Aldo 
Necklace? gift from Merl (here) Purse? Thrifted

I don't know what I like the best; my new white skirt, my thrifted blazer or the fact that when I put them together, I look like a 90's stewardess... in the best way possible.
I've been wanting a white pencil skirt for a while now, as can be evidenced by multiple pins on this Pinterest board... The problem with white skirts is that they are white. And 59% of potential white skirt candidates are unsuitable right off the hanger because they are transparent. My favourite is when manufacturers line a light weight white skirt with a kleenex and expect it not to be see through anymore... Alrighty then. 
When Jacob sent me this skirt, I prepared myself to be disappointed. But I wasn't. Because the lining and the material itself were both sufficient and that perfectly inserted zip slit was the icing on the cake.
And the blazer? I know... another blazer. I assure you it was an accident. When I had Merl over a few weekends ago, I figured the least I could do was show her my familiar stomping grounds of Talize. But we were both not in the mood to thrift (it does happen very occasionally...) and so we lazily strolled the aisles for 10 minutes without serious effort. In the dress section I found this blazer, with a matching dress no less... I showed it to Merl, she told me to try it on, I gave her a feeble refusal; something about being too lazy, and then she got firm and insisted me try it on. And I did. And I loved it. And I took it home to find its place among my other blazers. Battling against the blazer takeover in my closet is useless at this point... 

18 comments :

JRebeccaStyle said...

You look JUST like Jerry Hall in this outfit - fierce!

MisisD said...

What a gorgeous blazer. I love the buttons and the detailed sleeves. Yup that skirt's slit is amazing or it's just that fierce leg pose ? :)

KDot said...

I love the gold detail on the blazer!

Lora Conrad said...

This blazer looks like it was made for you, it fits that well. I love how Merl's necklace compliments the buttons, too!

Also, you're a very talented lady to be able to wear a white skirt. I'd have coffee on that in two seconds. Props to your superior motor skills.

-Lora
hungryheartvintage.com

Secondhand Stella said...

Looking good! I feel like only you can pull this off with such style.

PS. I went to the jankiest thrift store today, but there were so many good vintage pieces there. I thought of you. Come visit me soon!

Unknown said...

Amazing!! How do all these thrifted blazers fit you so perfectly? And that skirt is perfect...I quite love the zip detail!

Natasha ~ TashaDelrae.com

Sarah said...

Love the slit in the front...so when do I book my flight.

Unknown said...

So glad you didnt leave the blazer behind! It is one of the gorgeous pieces you own and Love the zipper detail on the skirt!

Dorothy said...

i was going to say sexy pilot. much better than a stewardess

Jodi said...

ohhh dont get mad but this outfit reminds me of LOVE BOAT :) love it and is abit nautical looking.. very awesome!!
Jodi

Rebecca Jane said...

That blazer is an absolute winner.

Daisy said...

Please tell me you got the matching dress as well!

Jennifer said...

You are rocking that skirt!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Louise Mc said...

Blazers are something I really lack in my wardrobe. I definitely need more.

his_girl_friday said...

You do look like a fabulous 90s stewardess!

Unknown said...

Man, I would love to wear this exact outfit to work. The thrifted blazer with the white skirt is a beautiful combination. I love how you can always make something a little more edgy, a girl after my own heart. You look hot as always.

Anonymous said...

I love Pinterest and thrifting!! I visted Talize for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Its in Delta British Columbia. I usually go to Value Village...hate their prices. I liked Talize and I got a pair of DKNY Jean Capri's, a Tee and some great costume jewelry and a small scarf to make a watch strap out of as suggested on the Talize website. You look great in the blazer and I too have a blazer closet!

amandromeda said...

i know this is mostly about the blazer but THAT SKIRT. and your legs, but i digress. i and freakin out over that skirt!!