The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2011-12-21

Best Laid Plans

date5date6date7date4date2date1


Wool coat? No label, thrifted Jeans? Calvin Klein Outlet Boots? Joe Fresh Shirt? French Connection, Winners Faux fur neck warmer? American Eagle

This weekend Matt and I decided to go up to Simcoe to see the Christmas lights display. We haven't been there in a while and unless they changed it up, I remember the display not being particularly overwhelming, but it just seemed like a festive thing to do. I figured we could sip hot chocolate as we meandered around hand-in-hand and I could live-tweet our adorableness. I'm kidding. I don't live my life in order to have an interesting twitter stream... I live my life in order to have an interesting Instagram feed (are you following me yet? myeditblog... I'm fascinating).
On the way to Simcoe we stopped at one of Matt's work sites to explore the area because it was beautiful (see photos) and we got sidetracked by a plethora of good antique markets. Then we found a local pub and had dinner, after which I randomly decided that we should actually go to the theatre and watch a movie. I told Matt he wasn't allowed to fall asleep during the movie. I only woke him up once. We never quite made it to see the lights that night. But we made an honest effort at festivity and it was a really great night... I'll try set up a romantic stroll with hot chocolate soon, if only so I can Instagram it...

30 comments :

Emily {tomorrow never knows} said...

i love your wool dick tracy coat. you look like an expensive diva here. out in the wilderness. your failure at being festive sounds like a very fun evening.

I want that neckwarmer thingy. is it old or new?

Secondhand Stella said...

That sounds like a perfect night!

Love your jacket and fur scarf.

Sweet Laundry said...

These photos are amazing. The composition, lighting, depth of field (I pretend I know what I'm talking about) are perfect. It also helps that the model knows how to work it :) Love the red pants!

Melody said...

Even though you didn't do what you planned, it sounds like a great night! Me and my bf have been trying to make it to NYC to do all the touristy stuff, but haven't made it yet. Maybe tomorrow though!

Love that faux fur scarf, it looks so cozy!

Bri said...

Well even though you didn't make it to the lights it sounds as though you had a lovely evening, and your photos show that it was certainly a lovely evening to be out and about! Love the fur collar you're rocking here, I keep forgetting about mine!

Unknown said...

love the outfit and really LOVE the post! So true.

LyddieGal said...

I'm not following you yet - but i will be now.
and don't we all live life to have an interesting instagram stream?

I love your camel coat. so, so pretty.

Rebecca Jane said...

Such a pretty spot for photos, and also loving the bright red pants!

Outside Looking In said...

Love the faux fur and the bright red pants against such a neutral background. Sounds like a fun time!


www.wayoutsidelookingin.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Oohh.. I love that thrifted coat! Looks expensive!

Please may I? said...

great location, fab red pants and adorable fur scarf.

X x

Misia Galka said...

You were in Waterford!! I live in Waterford! Where did you end up for dinner? This is too much for me, we need to go thrifting together, add me to Facebook, see my cat!

Siena in Style said...

you look absolutely fabulous!!!
kisses from prague
http://sienastyle.blogspot.com/

Nadine said...

Gorgeous. :)

Colleen said...

Can we talk about the high pony?? I think you managed to combine several different eras here, so you in fact, look timeless :)

Anonymous said...

Oh you look so elegant wearing that coat! Love the combo underneath, and the high ponytails suits you perfectly! I'm so following you on insta!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

The Semi Sweet said...

Your so spontaneous!! Couples should look to you two as inspiration:)

And love the red jeans!

Unknown said...

that coat is amay-zing. Thrifted? You have a talent..
Girl in the Poodle Shoes
Girl in the Poodle Shoes

WendyB said...

Fab photos. Love camel and red.

Melina said...

these photos are gorgeous! and I'm loving the polka dots with red pants. Just go myself a pair of red pants and I'm always looking for some new styling inspiration!

-Melina
http://thecaffeinatedcloset.blogspot.com/

Petite Adventures said...

ove the look - the red pants are awesome!

myedit said...

Misia-Waterford is so pretty! I love all those antique barns... we actually made it to Simcoe for dinner (blue elephant?) so that makes the fcat that we didn't check the lights even more pathetic...

stephanie / those tricks said...

Liking the ponytail!

hannahstiff said...

those booties are fab and the fur necklet is wonderful! So glad it's not thrifted so I can actually buy one! XO

real budget, real busy, real body fashion:
4scarlet.com

Meg said...

Sounds like you had a lovely evening, festive or not! I wonder if my cousin in Simcoe has seen the lights yet - I didn't know there was a "Christmas panorama" until just now.

Anonymous said...

I need that faux fur and Instagram! What a glamorous combo!

kate said...

Your whole outfit is great, but the ponytail is my favorite part!

Tomma said...

Great outfit!

Anonymous said...

Great outfit, I hope you had a great Christmas. I just found the best dress at the thrift store and would love for you to check it out on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Loving your jeans and your booties!

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com