The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2012-05-16

Lies and a Vintage Dress

yellow1
yellow7
yellow5
yellow3
yellow4
yellow8

Dress? Vintage, thrifted Shoes? DvF (here) Clutch? Coach, bridesmaids gift

This dress recently spent two long years waiting around patiently for its zipper to be fixed. Which is shameful because it deserves much more than that. Even though I love it so, the last time it appeared on the blog was almost three years ago. I had a funny little trip down memory lane looking for that post. In those days I was still a modest blogger; only posting two, small sized photographs per outfit... the good, old days of blogging, really. Sometimes it still blows my mind that finding old walls with vines and taking outfit pictures is part of our regular routine. I suspect it is something I won't ever tell my grandkids about... I'll lie and tell them that when I was younger, I didn't have time for the world wide web, I was too busy walking uphill to school in 3 feet of snow... both ways... everyday. 

19 comments :

Natasha Fatah said...

The dress still looks amazing.
I like your little furry friend in the original post. :)

xoxo
~Natasha Fatah~
~Natasha Fatah~

Gilkipedia said...

That's an amazing dress and a gorgeous wall!

Secondhand Stella said...

That dress is gorgeous. I love it!!!

When are you coming to MI????

K. Starks said...

Dear Jentine,

You are a beautiful and alluring woman. Based on that statement of fact, KNOWING these things about you - this photo set is, frankly, shocking. Because...dang! Hot. Amazing. Fantastic.

Sincerely,
The Universe

Bespoke Biddie said...

awesome color!

Sunnie
(.=

Emily {tomorrow never knows} said...

dayum mama. those stems! RAWR

Unknown said...

So so pretty! XOXO, www.NatalyasCloset.com

Terri said...

The color of that dress is beautiful on you, and those heels are FIERCE!
http://stylishsass.blogspot.com

April said...

You still look amazing! I feel so strange looking at my past posts...more power to you linking them!

Jessica Gitler said...

the composition with these photos are just stunning!!!! you look just stunning as well!
jess
JESS CAUSE BLOG

lauren said...

You had me a "lies". I love lying to children, current and future.

Jeannie said...

GORGEOUS dress! Love your blog! Would love for you to check out my own new little blog!
www.colorfulcorporate.blogspot.com

Your outfits are amazing! :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful dress. You look wonderful!

Love from South Africa

Em-Jae said...

Sometimes, I like to leave a piece just hanging in the closet for a while... A long while... By the time you come back to it, it feels all fresh and renewed. I know they always say to get rid of things that you haven't worn in a year, but I DO wear things past that time.

Or, I'm just a hoarder.

Either way, I love the story of the fixed zipper. I have two lovelies that need a little zipper love right now. Is it pricey??

Leah said...

Love the colour! And those legs...ow ow.

Unknown said...

Thats a beautiful dress and such a nice shade of yellow! Love it and the shoes are just awesome!

gothic lolita dresses said...

The dress is gorgeous!Love it!And amazing shoots!

compradora anonima said...

amazing dress

Butlermyei said...

Buy Gold Bar in Singapore Buy Gold Bullion Bars Buy Gold Coins. Buy Gold in Singapore at Singapore Gold Price including gold bar, gold. Gold Bullion Bars are a unique investment, one that has served mankind well for thousands of years. Pfizer (PFE)19.20 3.80% But I digress. Brush it lightly, and pay careful attention to crevices and openings beneath gemstones where soap and debris typically collects. Sell Gold For Cash Without Being Scammed