The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2013-03-25

Tricky

tricky6
tricky3
tricky13
tricky4
tricky2

Skirt/pants? Vintage, Netty Vintage (amazing pleated ones hereLace top? Vintage, Netty Vintage (similar here) Jacket? Costa Blanca Purse? c/o Jess Rizzuti Boots? Aldo Necklace? Vintage, gift from my Mama

This skirt is giving me trust issues because it's tricky; doubly so. First of all, it's not a skirt...

tricky11

And second of all, it's not black but navy. Which is fine but it's something I didn't notice at night when I laid out my outfit. If I had clued into the fact that the culottes were navy before I ran out of the house and into the truth exposing light of day, the outfit might have been a bit different. Meh. I still like it. 
And as much as I am hoping for spring, I do want to wear these heavy woollen culottes one more time this season... maybe with a little red cropped sweater? It's nice to finally have a 'skirt' one can high kick in without flashing anyone. Not that I can high kick so well but I appreciate the possibility. 


20 comments :

Anonymous said...

Omg! Totally shocked it's not a skirt, I was thinking oh I love the length of her skirt and ta da! Pants! So fab!

Cee. ♥

Jennifer said...

1. Love the sleeves.
2. I was totally not expecting that to be a jumopsuit lol

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

You look great! The specs really send the message.

Well, I had to go back and double-check the colour. I didn't notice the navy at first. I think you pulled it off, despite the navy/black. I think because of the sheen on the leather, it works.

Sybil from Downton Abbey would be so pleased to see women rocking the culotte look.

Unknown said...

That last pic cracked me up :) The skirt/jumper must be so comfy.. Its like flipping a bird to the wind and saying oh yeah you can blow as much as you can and you wont me. You look lovely!

Anonymous said...

I love the culottes! I had a pair like them in the 90s and wore the heck out of them. Such a great look and a great outfit.

Secondhand Stella said...

Surprise, its pants!

Love your necklace :)

Siena in Style said...

i love that jacket!!
kisses from Milano
http://sienastyle.blogspot.it/

MisisD said...

So cute! So much fun!

Sophie said...

Ah I need to get my hands on some culottes!
Sophie
X

Nina Piccini said...

I am totally LOVING this look!

xo, Nina
afterthe40barfinish.blogspot.com

shades of voguish said...

LOVE! gorgeous look:)

aga
http://shadesofvoguish.blogspot.com/

Jodi said...

Funkadelic!! you look like a sytlish bada$$!! woot woot

JennaStevie said...

I hate when I don't realize things are a different shade until I'm gone and it's too late!
But even though this isn't a skirt and isn't necessarily black I love it! And that lace top is so wonderful
xJennaD

Tara Honeybird said...

I love the surprise of the skort (can you still call it a skort if it's too long to be shorts?) Anyway, I think you are going to have a lot of fun with these culottes :)

Unknown said...

Loved your blazer..:)

pet meds

Unknown said...

This is one of my favorite outfits! I love the skirt pants..it has the appearance of a skirt but you could do a cartwheel and all kinds of shit without exposing anything. I love the mix of navy and black, although unintentional. It turned out perfect. I'm a sucker for a leather jacket and this outfit is just bad add.

Julie Faires Allen said...

This is my FAVORITE of all your outfits, and I've been following this blog for some time. Chic with an edge. SO great!

Amber said...

I love navy and black together! And I love the last pic, otherwise I wouldn't have known you weren't wearing a skirt!! =)

Joanne M said...

This outfit is KILLING it! Love it soo much:)

Anonymous said...

hot! this might be one of my faves on you!! very badass.