The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2013-03-28

5 Things and a Red Jacket

red7
red3
red4
red5
red2
red8

Jacket? Thrifted  (similar herePurse? Thrifted  Boots? Holt's Last Call (very similar here
Hat? Banana Republic (very similar here) Bracelets and Rings? Thrifted and gifted

OK, I'm going to do one of those '5 Things' posts. I actually really like reading them and they give me a chance to insert some random info into the blog without an awkward segway. Besides the last time I did one of these, it was 2010 and a lot has changed since then. Errr... no, actually most of those are still true. Except for #1, my breakfast is different now...
Anyways...

1. My one cat wakes me up at 4 a.m. every morning by running circles over my body, purring loudly and sometimes swatting my face. At first I thought that it was because she wanted more water or to be fed but it's not. She is honestly just a little crazy (we think from the neglect situation she was in before she ended up with us?) and has daily patterns established that are hard to break. So I get up every morning at 4 a.m. to lock her out of the bedroom and then she goes to sleep downstairs. I could just lock her out all night and save myself the trouble but I am a bleeding heart for that crazy thing.
2. I got my first ticket EVER last year. It was for... parking too far away from the curb. Matt aptly summed up the whole experience by stating 'Wow, that's an embarrassing ticket to get.'. Indeed.
3. My second ticket ever came a few weeks later. I had driven for 7 months without an updated sticker (I'm sure I have an explanation for this...) and a week, a week!, before I took that truck off the road, I got pulled over for my sticker. Can't say I didn't deserve it.
4. When I am sad or stressed, Matt texts me cute pictures of animals to make me feel better. Mostly it's pictures of kittens being ridiculously adorable but a bobcat kitten and a fawn cuddling also works. I can be sitting across the room from him ranting about something and a picture of a frolicking kitten will pop up on my screen. I appreciate it. Sometimes I need some cute to get a grip again.
5. I have two new nephews! My bro and sis-in-law in Holland (not to be confused with my other bro and sis-in-law in Holland...) just had twins a month ago and they were 11 weeks early. That's quite early and they will be in the hospital for a while yet, but things are thankfully going really well. It sucks being so far away because we haven't met the new kidlets yet and because we can't help so much from over here. Boo to distance. Yay to new nephews.

(6. I like my outfit.)

18 comments :

Tracy said...

I love your outfit too!! Your husband sounds like a keeper,mine does the same kind of things and we have been together for 32 years!!

Laura HH said...

Which Bro?!?!?! How exciting!

Jane said...

That jacket is fantastic!! #7 I like your outfit too

LyddieGal said...

that is a fabulous red blazer - and i feel like if/when i ever get a ticket, it will probably be for something like parking too far from the curb.

Chic on the Cheap

Jennifer said...

Haha that is a pretty lame ticket to get - sorry! :p

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Sophie said...

What an amazing red jacket! Wish I could come across finds like that!
Sophie
X

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

Um, too far away from the curb? Sheesh, it must have been the end of the month and they were trying to meet their ticket quota.

One of the reasons I follow you is because your heart bleeds for cats...that actually sounds a bit gross...better put, you heart cats a lot and I like that!

11 weeks early! Probably one dared the other to pop out early...he just didn't know he'd have to come along for the ride...their Mom and Dad can expect more shenanigans as they age. {In all seriousness, sending them all the very best of health and happiness!}

Before I forget; your outfit today is uber cool, chic, gorgeous. You get it! Very well played! Love the shadow shot. I would like to borrow that, if I may.

Sue xo

maria said...

Love your outfit!

And congrats on the new nephews.
11 weeks early, wow! Glad to hear everything is okay.

xo

Anonymous said...

I love that jacket! And that picture of the fawn and bobcat has to be the cutest thing I have ever seen.

Caramel Latte Kiss said...

Love the cat story. I'm currently typing with some 'help' from my boyfriend's cat, who is lying half on me, half on the laptop. She's also tried to share my cup of tea this morning.

hes said...

I got my first ticket ever last year the day before my birthday. I was going way too fast on Lake Shore Drive in Chicago...but it was a Friday, the day before my birthday, it was sunny, and I had Beyonce on, and I was singing along...

Ladies in Navy said...

adore your jacket
kw ladies in navy

Chelsea, Tea Talk said...

You look lovely, and I enjoyed reading your 5 things! Maybe I'll post my own 5 thing soon. Thanks for the inspiration, sweet lady! xo

Katherine J. Drake said...

Cute outfit!

Linda said...

That jacket is my favorite jacket that you own (I think I've told you that before). Sophie wakes up early in the morning, too. I am convinced pets are small, spoiled, sassy children.

Amber said...

You look awesome in red Yen! I would never be brave enough to wear those boots but you rock them!! Congrats on your nephews!!

Meghan Donovan said...

love this ensemble!

leather jackets said...

As usual, your finished projects are wonderful. Lazy me cannot even start imagining the hard work that goes into each beautiful leather jackets. The things you make are always perfection! You have some lovely cross stitch projects going, too, I'm going to check out the link www.cwmalls.com you provided.