The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2013-03-18

March Valentine's

pink11
pink5
pink2
pink7
pink8
pink14  
Skirt? French Connection Shirt? Gap (here on sale) Jacket? Costa Blanca  (similar hereShoes? Ash 
Bracelets? Knot thrifted and 'amour' one c/o RedEnvelope (here) Sunglasses? Betsey Johnson (similar here)

I got this skirt from Netty Vintage for $5 at her end-of-the-season sale. I love the contrast of the red and pink and the mohair texture of the bottom half. I took in the bottom (I know... more alterations? Who am I?) to change the shape of the skirt from an A-line to a pencil skirt. I didn't add a slit during the alterations so I do have to keep my steps smaller with the new shape. I've probably mentioned this before, but that is hard for me to do because I like to keep my walk fast and my steps large. In my first year of university I lived at home while I went to school in Toronto, and I spent a lot of time run-walking to catch trains and buses commuting back and forth. One time a man stopped me to compliment my efficient walking technique in passing the crowds to make the train. That was the highlight of my year. 

And unintentionally I have a bit of a past-due Valentine's Day look going on. The red and the pink, the heart on my nails, the 'amour' bracelet... all that I need to do is switch my rainy London tee out for a 'city of lovvvvversss' Paris tee (ah... and there is a Paris tee too but it has nothing to do with lovers, more with puppies and Eiffel Towers...). Nevermind, the London tee is romantic enough, who doesn't love an occasional rainy day?... At this point, rain over snow would mean spring might be here and nothing could be sweeter than that. 

And there I go again... begging for spring. What is a fashion blog if the conversation doesn't circle back the the weather at some point?

19 comments :

Asher said...

love love love that top! So cute :) I really like the dressy skirt with the casual tee - great look!

Allyson said...

I love this outfit. So cute.
Your nice Ontario weather makes me so jealous, I'm in Manitoba and we're not even close to considering bare legs here.

Jennifer said...

That skirt is kind of awesome!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Suzie from UrbanCountryStyle said...

I'm in love with that skirt! I think I may have to drag out the sewing machine and copy yours!...and I may have to steal that first pic pose too ;)

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

{Sigh} That skirt is indeed a treasure. I love it, and I love how you've styled the entire outfit! I have to say, the skirt makes me think of the Grinch's Santa outfit. Okay, that didn't come out well at all, but it's the mohair that brings to mind the suit he whips up before sledding down the mountain. Moving on to the weather, I see no snow in your photos. I hope that means that spring is on it's way for you.

Sue xo

jentine said...

Allyson- I'm wearing nude fish net tights. And it was freezing. The sun helped a bit but seriously not spring yet:(
Sue- No snow downtown but uptown there is still lots. And it's freezing. Over it.

Leah said...

Love this belated V-day look! Such a good combination of leather and pink.

Melissa said...

That skirt is to die for!!!

Unknown said...

Love the outfit …

http://ithinkiloveit2.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love every thing about the skirt and you look lovely! Thats an interesting clutch.

Unknown said...

your long pencil skirt, killer t-shirt, and rocking leather jacket . . . where do we sign up!!?? super adorable post.

xo. c & v
cake & valley

Ladies in Navy said...

Love the skirt
Kw ladies in navy

Unknown said...

Loved your leather jacket..:)
pet meds

Tara Honeybird said...

Oh man... The fast walk. I do this too and I'm fairly tall. I've had my fast walk described to me as "a gay man on a mission"!! Haha!

Anyway, enjoy your newly modified skirt. It really suits you :)

What Lou Wore 365 said...

Super skirt and such a bargain! It looks fantastic as a pencil skirt toughed up with the leather and shoe boots. I really like the London tee - it has rained non-stop in the (south) of the UK all weekend so it's very appropriate!

Louise
whatlouwore365.blogspot.com

Ally @ Fever Thrift said...

I love your outfit and I am jealous that you can alter your thrifted finds AND that you thrifted that bracelet. I don't have great luck thrifting jewelry and I have "intentions" of altering things that I thrift but...you know. They make a nice pile.

Sweet Laundry said...

Love this graphic tee and pencil skirt look! And that is one kick-ass pony tail you have going on!

Secondhand Stella said...

Love the tee and leather jacket together!

Lucy said...

What a fantastic skirt! While I'm sure it was cute as an A-line, the alteration to a pencil shape was a stroke of genius. And $5? Talk about icing on the cake!