The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2013-03-07

Accidental Swap

swap6

Once upon a time there was a tall girl who bought an amazing vintage dress for $10. In her excitement to wear it the very next day, she went scissor happy and hemmed it a wee bit too short. She said a few bad words, recovered and decided to share the dress with her shorter friend.

swap5

The day after once upon a time, the shorter friend discovered a pair of 7fam jeans in her cupboard that she had not worn in a long time. They were way too long and didn't fit quite right. So, she gave the jeans to her tall friend who fit them perfectly (like Cinderella and her glass slipper but these pants thankfully didn't come with a prince... that would have become an awkward situation) and threw some bleach on them. There might be more bleach in the future because the tall friend likes her jeans bleached and damaged, much to her mother's disgruntle.

swap7

And then the short friend with her cute dress and the tall friend with her new favourite bleached jeans lived happily ever after*.


* except for the moments of regret that the tall friend had over her stupidity at cutting the dress too short. One day she hopes she will be much wiser...

25 comments :

Anonymous said...

From looking at the picture of tall and short friends, I would say that the dress is barely long enough to cover a swimsuit on tall friend. Correct?

DressUpNotDown said...

The shoes, the bleach, the accordion pleats, what a wonderful story they make!

www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love the jeans. The bleach makes them much more interesting. I had never realized how tall you are. Lucky girl!

myedit said...

Anon- ha. yeah, I like a short hem but this one was mayyybe a little short;) The pleats help make it feel even shorter. All I can say in defense is 'whoops?'... so dumb of myself.

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

If I might speak in your defense. I find, through personal experience, that pleated skirts become awkward and unruly when I am attempting to determine their most flattering length.

Very cool upcycle to the jeans by the way! Tall friend and shorter friend...very cute together!

Sue xo

Ani Barrington said...

This makes me so happy and it reminds me how incredible it is that we're all women and our bodies are all so different. So cool.

Leah said...

So Cute. I wish I was the short friend that inherited that dress.

Ladies in Navy said...

adore this post!
kw ladies in navy

Sarah said...

A fashion fairy-tale. love.

Jennifer said...

What a perfect pair!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

Loved the jacket...:)
Android Developer

Unknown said...

Loved your shoes
Android Developer

Secondhand Stella said...

The end.

Aw, cute story :) Love both of your looks.

Natalie said...

I love this so much. I'm so happy it (kind of) ended well.

maria said...

I just love a happy ending! :)

But, jeans and bleach? How do I do it? Just pour bleach over jeans or are there any secret tips you might want to share?

Jackie said...

Awe how sweet. That's good "clothing karma" right there ;)

Orchid Grey said...

you two are adorable, love this!

Unknown said...

That is one pretty dress! Even I would have listed out a few bad words and held on to the dress even if I could no wear it :( Loving the destroyed jeans and how you paired it with a simple tee and a structured jacket! I never realized how tall you were until the last pic!

shades of voguish said...

great looks! my loves- the necklace and red shoes:)

aga

www.shadesofvoguish.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love the pleated skirt! The denim, blazer and statement necklace is my go-to! xoLili

www.satinandscotch.com

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, that dress is so cute! And your jeans look fab! Everyone is happy! Except for maybe your mother... :P

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Hallie E said...

Cute story, cute pics, cute post. Cute, cute, cute!

Amber said...

Cute post! Love how you portrayed the story =)

Amber
fashionflossandlipgloss.blogspot.com

Petite Adventures said...

So cute! You ladies both look fabulous!

Have a great weekend!
Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca

♥ Sana Yasmin said...

Great outfits - esp love your necklace!

SANA YASMIN xx