The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2013-07-15

Short and Sweet

shine1
shine5
shine7
shine6
shine3
shine9
shine4

Dress? French Connection, Winners (similar here and here) Shoes? L'attitude Cuffs? Vintage, auction

I can't believe this dress hasn't had a real blog debut... I did a little post wearing it about 4 years ago (is my hair red?) but my mom wasn't even reading my blog then, so it hardly counts. I think the beading on the front is heavier (more beads than sequins) and the dress has stretched out a little in the front. I now wear it backwards; it is admittedly still short but the coverage is distributed in a better way...

I wore this out for some drinks on a waterfront patio of Julie's birthday. I know this upcoming week is going to be really hot and there will be times when I shall whine, be it on twitter or to Matt, but mostly I just love the summer. Sitting outside, seeing pretty sunsets and wearing dresses backwards without tights... it's all the good stuff right there. So keep your back-to-school sales and autumn yearnings away from me for a bit yet.

shine8

And this is apparently what I look like when I spot a cute kitty coming out from under Matt's truck and try to coax it over. Distracted much? Looking back through the pics, I spotted the cat actually walking across the frame behind me in the 4th posted picture... What a cute little photo bomb...

18 comments :

Sarah {Raving Fashionista} said...

You are such a little sex kitten in this dress!! ("kitten" seems fitting, no?) I'm all about a great sequined/embellished dress - loving it!

Gwen said...

Haha, how funny, I'm wearing a backwards dress today too! It plunges too low for me to hide my bra if I wear it the right way round, but like with your gorgeous dress, nobody can tell!

Love how you matched your nailpolish to the discreet bits of purple in your dress! But most of all, I love your "OOh cat!" face, that's just too cute.

his_girl_friday said...

Such cute kitty faces! I love that you wear the dress backwards.

Suzanne said...

That dress is freakin' fabulous and you look like a rock star in it.

bisous
Suzanne
www.suzannecarillo.com

Rachel Frend said...

Girl your legs look fab in those pictures! Also, cute kitties get a free pass to photo bomb anytime in my book.

Lora Conrad said...

killer legs + so many sparkles = one epic outfit.

you rule.

Unknown said...

This dress!!! It is amazing...I seriously want to break into your house and steal all your sequins! You're lucky I live so far away ;)

Karli said...

Foxy. You look phenomenal!

DressUpNotDown said...

I was thinking how nice that the hem was longer in the back to help with keeping you from flashing anyone. Then I read it wasn't designed that way...well it SHOULD have been. :o)

www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

You look like Mandy moore with red hair.
Love the dress!

Unknown said...

Oh. My. GOSH. That is a sequined dress. And probably the most beautiful sequinned dress I have ever seen! And it looks perfect on you! You go, girlfriend! Mad props from one sequin enthusiast to another.

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Merl said...

Thank goodness you didn't pull this sassy little number out when we had our 'sequin off' how many years ago. Our friendship would've gone up a flurry of jealous flames before we had time to bond over aspartame and cat hair! WHEW.

quit it with those effin legs.

Frannie Pantz said...

There are hardly words sufficient to express how much I LOVE this dress on you. The last photos are so cute and what a fun little photo bomber you encountered!

Style Servings said...

You look so fab! Love how you styled it with booties!

Smartificial Sweetener said...

All of the sparkles!

xo
Erin

Linda said...

AH! You're so fine. I can't wait to see you at TXSC and give you the evil eye for being taller and thriftier than the rest of us.

Jennifer said...

Such a pretty dress!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Maja said...

A pun, in this heat? That's a LOFT to ask for!
BOOM!

Great dress!

shades.of.maja@gmail.com