The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2013-07-10

Formula

905
906
908
903
901
902

Dress? Thrifted Purse? Thrifted (similar here) Heels? Aldo (here, on sale, so worth it!) 
Bracelet? Thrifted Sunglasses? Moschino (here)

If you've been a long time reader of my blog, you can probably look at the above pictures and predict what I am going to write.

I would probably write that I love vintage dresses (early 90's this one is... you decide if you feel ok calling that vintage yet...). Check out the sweet inlaid crisscrossing at the sides of this one! Sigh. They just don't make 'em like that any more!
I would also write about how I (again) matched the dress to the wall. And that even though I was looking for a good wall, I didn't mean to (again) match one to my dress. This one just happened to be on the way home and abandoned. Which are key elements in the choosing of walls. 
And since we are being predictable, I will give you a cat update as well. They are doing well; a little sweaty and lazy in the heat but they are still adorable. The other day we caught them sleeping with their backs actually touching. This kind of affection has not happened since Stella, the cuddler, passed away last year, so Matt called me upstairs and we admired the feline sibling moment together. We stared at their close quarters like it was a museum exhibit and they stared at us like we were crazy. They then moved away from each other and pretended it never happened. They've probably been BFF's behind our backs this entire time...

And there you go, a post most readers could have written. Some vintage dress talk, some coloured wall talk and some cat talk.
Most people wouldn't have known about the cats cuddling though, that stuff is pure insider information...



14 comments :

Monica said...

Love the consistent posts. The only thing predictable is the dumb smile and frequent chuckle your post gives me. Which is a problem when I'm out in public. :)
Monica

Think Twice Style said...

You forgot to mention the downright slammin' hair situation you have going on here!

Annick said...

Haven't read your blog for too long, so I couldn't have known you like vintage dresses, but I LOVE this one! So fun! Plus, those shoes are kind of the perfect vibe to go with the dress!

Bold Subtlety 

Anonymous said...

Omg! You look like a Barbie, so pretty with your tight little 90's dress, if I would have seen you 20 years ago I would have faded, you look amazing. Glad your cats are doing fine!

Cee. ♥
Code Overdressed

Jennifer said...

Um, you're kind of sort of really hot!
And I have shoe envy.

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Sophie said...

You just can't thrift pieces like this in London! Maybe I'm not patient enough! I want to find 90s dresses!
Sophie
X

maria said...

Ooh, I like that dress!

Alison at Wardrobe Oxygen said...

That dress is killer! I would have died to have it in my closet in 9th grade and you make it look modern and fresh!

Erika said...

Early 90's vintage? Agh, I don't feel old enough yet! I have to admit I like the look of this dress more now, than I did when it was popular, back in the early 90's. :-)

Anonymous said...

hilarious, love the cat love. I'm still having a difficult time coming to terms with the fact that 90's are not only making a comeback, but that it's considered vintage. Ouch.

Kastles said...

haha your funny! That dress is awesome & so is that wall! Also jealous of your tan :)
<3 Kastles

Greetings from Texas! said...

You may be predictable but we love you for it! The dress is amazing. Bring it to TXSC and let me borrow it. Too bad I'm super short and you're super tall! XOXO

Unknown said...

That dress is just so adorable! You are rocking that dress, for sure!


xoxo,
laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

FellixLarson said...

Hey there! I could have sworn I've been to this website before but after browsing through some of the post I realized it's new to me. Anyhow, I'm definitely happy I found it and I'll be bookmarking and checking back frequently!bathing suit bottoms uk