The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2012-04-28

They Thrifted

theythrifted2
(picture by B. Skeen)

This is one of my favourite pictures taken way back during the Texas Style Council. It's Juanette, Kendi, Reiko and I discussing the origin of 'the dingo ate my baby' and other topics one would expect a bunch of style bloggers to tackle.

theythrifted

Meet Juanette and Reiko. Reiko thrifted both of these jackets but don't worry, Juanette does her own dirty work too. I wish I could actually introduce you to these ladies, instead of just introducing you to their blogs. Both times I have been at the Texas Style Council, I have left thinking I could totally hang out with these ladies on the regular. I mean, they are ridiculously stylish, always on the lookout for good thrift finds and startlingly tall shoes, but they are also outspoken, hilarious and sassy as can be. You know how you meet someone, who is very nice and lovely but all you can talk about is the weather and then you are kinda left grasping for conversation threads, wondering how someone can be so similar to you and yet you have nothing to say to them? Well, it's the opposite with these two... I don't think there was a moment of silence.
They need to come to Canada soon... Keep thrifting and save your pennies for the flight up here!

13 comments :

Natasha Fatah said...

Thanks for the introduction to two very stylish women. :)

xoxo
~Natasha Fatah~

Anonymous said...

Awesome and thank you for introducing them :)

xoxo
Paula
blush-paula.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

awesome photo.

GFS said...

That first pic is hilarious! I look Like i am doubting the story about the dinghy eating the baby but I believe! I believe! Ps...I love that you linked the dingho Wikipedia page! Lol!!

I miss you guys! Tell Matt that it's only a matter of time before we come invade Canada!

Until then...we continue to thrift to deepen our bond!

GFS said...

I meant dingo....

Anonymous said...

i have a few personal questions if you dont mind me asking... where or how did you get the idea to start blogging?
and when did you know it was taking off and you had millions or a nice amount of followers and what do you do today different from when you fisrt began your blog ? just a curious inspired fashionista.

April said...

Is always great to see a snapshot of a bunch of fabulously dressed ladies! Maybe one day I'll make it out to one of these events!

Em-Jae said...

Aw, I love that picture! Looks like such a fun moment :]
"Dingo ate my baby" haha, always a good conversation starter!

Jan said...

As an Aussie it's always a surprise that people don't know the Azaria story, since it hasn't been out of the news for decades here - her baby clothes are even in the National Museum. In fact, they are doing another inquest in Darwin at the moment.

myedit said...

anon- You can email me at myeditblog@gmail.com if you want to talk about some of those questions...
Jan- Crazy story eh? I was looking for a link to post and I saw that they were still investigating it...

.Candy. said...

cool thrifts! i miss thrifting again! might just head out today to score some awesome finds!

check out IntoxicatedChameleon to see my thrifted leopard skinny belt ;)

♥♥

IntoxicatedChameleon

Unknown said...

The first picture is indeed great, looks like a fun girl talk moment! And they both thrifted some great jackets!

x Jony
www.shout-outtoyou.com

Juanette said...

Thank you, Jentine, you are the awesomest! I haven't been thrifting nearly as much as I used to since they've opened H&M but I definitely need to visit Canada! The closest I've come is Niagra Falls (on the Buffalo side, lol) and that was many moons ago!