The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2012-04-20

Alter

full6
full5
full3
full1
full7

Dress? Thrifted Shoes? DvF, Style Sense (here in purple... kinda expensive but these shoes are so comfy and unexpectedly sexy) Jacket? Costa Blanca Clutch? Thrifted

I think it is time to get this dress made into a skirt. I love the unusual print but I have a hard time working around the collared halter top. If a collared halter top sounds awkward, that is because it is. I end up tucking the collar under and out of sight and pinning the front to try and keep it all in place. If the dress were a high waisted skirt, I would wear it a lot more. I might even get brave one day and wear the high waisted skirt with a crop top. Exposing a sliver of midriff? This feels like highschool... Except now I won't end up in detention with a wardrobe infraction.

23 comments :

Leah said...

Holy sexy! Those shoes with the leather jacket and loose hair... ow ow.

Natasha Fatah said...

That is a fantastic dress! And I love how you've toughened it up with the jacket!

Great pics!

xoxo
~Natasha Fatah~

Linda said...

that's a great dress, with the jacket and shoes...very nice!

Kara M said...

I think that dress would look great as a skirt!

Roots Out West said...

Ohhh yes it would make a great skirt! Do it!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the scarf dress! So chic!

Kenya said...

LOve the pattern, for all of my dresses that are in my "make into skirt" pile, I currently wear with a sweater or top over it for a faux skirt look.

Please may I? said...

Beautiful dress, it will look fab as a skirt.

X x

Please may I? said...

Beautiful dress, it will look fab as a skirt.

X x

Unknown said...

I like your style and I follow your blog very much!!!

http://nras-fashionstyle.blogspot.de/

Unknown said...

I scrolled back looking for the collar before reading your secret pinning, lol. The dress and moto jacket combo is superb, but it would indeed make for an awesome high waist skirt! The print and color are so lovely.

Molly said...

I love the pattern, the colors and the tough jacket. Great outfit!

Lindsey A. Turner said...

I agree, the print is super cool! I love unique prints!

Lindsey Turner
http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

Thrifted Shift said...

That's a great idea to convert it into a skirt. You made me think of a halter dress my cousin gave me that I never wear. I'm going to turn it into a skirt! Thanks!
--TS

Unknown said...

In love with that dress! you find the most amazing things in the thrift store!!

Anonymous said...

I want this jacket! You look great!


xoxo
Paula
blush-paula.blogspot.com

Audrey B said...

love that jacket! www.casualglamorous.com

Joanne M said...

such a great pattern! Def. make into a skirt:)

The Girl with Everything said...

showing my midriff always makes me feel like high school. Showing your belly was so fashionable and scandalous.

Tomma said...

Love this look! Great combo!

Vang said...

Gorgeous dress! I love that clutch too, thrifted?! Amazing finds...

Vang :)

Jennifer said...

I would love to see how that dress looks as a skirt!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

WendyB said...

I think a collared halter top is sex-ay! I had one back in the day.