The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2012-04-03

Snapped: The Fitting Room

snapped-fittingroom

Sometimes I take pictures in the fitting room because it seems like the cool thing to do... And then I end up with a bunch of evidence of my shopping habits and I get to analyze what I left behind and what I bought. So really, fitting room pictures are less about vanity but more about research, right?

(Clockwise starting at top left...)
 
1. Two questions... How could I have left this crazy sweater behind? Also, who in Hamilton loves sequins and felines as much as I do and bought this sweater before I had a change of mind and came back to get it two days after this picture was taken? Whooooooooo??? (Did that last plaintive cry make it three questions?)
2. Bought the skirt for $16 but wisely decided to wait on that sweater because it was $70. I saw that sweater go all the way down to $20 but I never ended up buying it. Either I didn't love it as much as I thought I did or I found that cropped sweaters are an easy find at the thrift store...
3. Mustard flares from Joe Fresh. I dig these. Might need to go back for these. Soon. Because mustard flares are a wardrobe basic?
4. Red wool blazer from the thrift store... I promised my friend I would find her a red blazer and when I did, I sent off this picture to seek her stamp of approval. The blazer got the thumbs up and in exchange she has promised me a BBQ this weekend. I need to barter like that more often... I thrift, you cook. That way everyone is fed and clothed... and happy.

22 comments :

Natasha Fatah said...

Those mustard pants are slammin'! :)

xoxo
www.natashafatah.blogspot.com

Patricia said...

I need friends to find me red blazers. Hmmm. If only I could cook.

Sugarimmed said...

Hi where is the skirt from?

Linda said...

Ur fed I'm clothed. Win win.

The Suburb Experiment said...

I need someone to find me a white blazer. :) Maybe you could start a service.

And I can't believe you left a sequinned cat behind, either. I can feel your pain from here.

Jenn
The Suburb Experiment

Unknown said...

You should have gotten that cat sweater!

Good call on not paying $70 (or even $20) on that other sweater. It looks nice, but I feel like you can find something very similar for about $3-5.

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Stella said...

I don't think I've ever really forgiven you for leaving that sweater behind. Sniff. But that pleated skirt is gorgeous!

You should see the sequin deliciousness I thrifted last weekend! I think that what I love most is the noise the top makes when I move!

Natalie said...

ahahhaa I just LOL'd at the mustard pants picture because I knew they were Joe before I even read the blurb below! I've seen/taken photos in many a Joe Fresh change room in my days... x

SWF_Terra said...

I want your thrift shop. And your closet. Gimme. I pay in cats.

SWF_Terra said...

I want your thrift shop. And your closet. Gimme. I pay in cats.

CatCat said...

Ah, love the pleated skirt and mustard flare pants. :)

Cheers,
Cathy@embroidery digitising

Jentine said...

Ugh... I left the cat sweater because it was $67! But I found it online for about $250... Then I went back for it and it was gone...
Inherited hornet- the skirt is from Winners (tj maxx) last fall/winter

Jenny said...

That sweater in #2 is amazing! I wish I lived in your area so I could have gotten your foolish reject! :D

Unknown said...

Well, this oversize sweater is really AWESOME!:)

Anonymous said...

I love the pleated skirt.

Cassi said...

That pleated skirt is a perfect fit! I've had such a difficult time finding maxis that fit so well at the waist!

p.s. That dress in your last post. O.M.G. To die for. ooooooooo...

Anonymous said...

Love the skirt from picture #2. Great buy

xoxo,
Paula
Blush-paula.blogspot.com

Secondhand Stella said...

A sequined cat sweater = pure awesomeness.

Suzie Salmon said...

YES on the mustard pants! YES...

SHUG IN BOOTS {Beth} said...

LOVE the mustard flares! Def. purchase. And the red wool blazer ... hello NC State tailgate! I can NEVER find one! Ever. :/

Sofia H. said...

Buy the mustard flares. Buy them!

Rebecca Jane said...

That crazy sparkly cat sweater is seriously amazing.