The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2012-11-05

So Me

hood3
hood1
hood7
hood8
hood2
hood6

Hooded trench? Thrifted Boots? no label, Winners (Similar here) Sweater? Maison Scotch, Winners (similar here) Jeans? 7 for Mankind Cowl? V&D Purse? Thrifted Bag? Russell Gibbs from White Elephant  
Bracelet? My Oma's Watch? c/o Daniel Wellington (here)

My friend saw me wearing my Daniel Wellington watch and described it as 'so you'. Usually when someone declares something as 'so you', I get this kind of look on my face...

hood4

That's my 'I'm a really bad actress but I am pretending I love that thing you just said was 'so me'' face. For example, one might think that a sequin, leopard print fedora is 'so me' because I love sequins and leopard print and fedoras are ok... But let's be real, I have sequin standards and that sequin fedora is just bad news. Also, I'm a snob.

But another thing that is actually 'so me' besides the watch, are my brown boots. No shock, I'm a sucker for brown boots and I've had these ones for 7 years already. When I am not wearing them, they are nicely tucked on a shelf in my closet with empty liquor bottles holding them upright. I'm pretty sure I learned that trick from Kendi. Glad I did because using empty bottles to keep boots in shape is a lot cheaper than buying $20 boot inserts. The only thing is that people sometimes come into my closet and judge the empty vodka bottles littered on the ground...  Judge me not for my cost-effective boot inserts, judge me instead for my sequin snobbishness...

*Pics by Julie, thanks!
* Use 'myedit' as a discount code at Daniel Wellington to get 15% off...

22 comments :

Unknown said...

Love this layered look! And thank you for sharing the bottle idea. I don't know why I can never come up with clever ideas like that. I just stuff mine with tissue paper from my xmas gifts. lol Hope you have a great day!

--Krista
www.junkindiggingettinlost.com

The Suburb Experiment said...

I don't like the "so you" comment either. It's rarely anything I even like, let alone would see in regular rotation in my closet. And it's hard to react. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings but I also don't want said item appearing under the Christmas tree. :)


Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

Great fall look. The colours say autumn without looking pumpkin-y. I love your boots and the fact that you've had them so long is awesome. I finally found a pair of riding boots that fit my calves last year and I want them to last forever, LOL. I use San Pellegrino bottles in my boots. Is that snobbish?

Cheers,

Sue

Anonymous said...

an empty bottle is a clever idea. i use rolled up fashion magazines. i hate tossing any of my magazines out and from year to year I can see what was in fashion the prior year. it is like meeting up with an old friend when i pull the magazines out of my boots.

Frannie Pantz said...

LOL I get this all the time too and I'm like "is that a compliment or should I be concerned . . ."

Personally, I think you have great taste and great humor. So a win win. If something is "so you", that means it is bad ass, but in a classy and funny way. ;-)

Kimmielovesparis said...

Ottawa Street! Love it. Yes you "can do anything in Hamilton".

You're posts are always so informative and funny. Thanks for brightening up the day.

Leah said...

Love the outfit, and the 'so me' face! lol

Betsy said...

Great outfit inspiration

www.suspironews.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Love that scarf and jacket together!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Meg said...

Damn! That trench is so great!

Natalie said...

I have the same problem with the wine bottle shoe holder-uppers! Haha. When I moved I couldn't take them with me so I had a recycling bin full of them....oops! Love the vibe of this outfit and how perfectly it matches the saying on the tote bag. Rock it!

Anonymous said...

You look so effortlessly, perfectly chic. Did the trench come with shorter sleeves, or did you fold them up to look short? If the former, what a lucky find. If the latter, how clever!

Unknown said...

You look amazing! I love that scarf a whole bunch. That boot trick is such an amazing idea, I tried magazines, but that ended up not working so well.

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Sara said...

Love the look! You do a great job with the scarf - it is one of the best I've seen. I now have a "reason" to finish off some bottles of alcohol (and of course I will need to replace those too!)

myedit said...

anon 9:41- It's actually a wide 3/4 sleeve on the trench. I rolled it up twice to show off my snappy elbow patches which you can't see in the pictures. I'm glad you like it!

tania@theclassicteeblog.com said...

Love everything about this outfit! I was instantly drawn to the boots! But the watch is quite gorgeous too! xx

Unknown said...

I really enjoy all the layers and coziness of this outfit. It's a look I need to copy! And I never thought to use empty liquor bottles for boot inserts, thanks for the idea! Right now they're all squished in my closet

Secondhand Stella said...

Love love love this outfit!!!!

amanda said...

i should start using booze bottles to keep my boots up. lord knows i have enough of them lying around :) i usually just crumble up shopping bags and stuff them inside. but the reason i really clicked the comment link is to tell you that this outfit is so so so so good. so good.

VividVoltage said...

What a stylish job of mixing up some basics!

That sequin fedora comment is SO TRUE. After moving to a tiny apt in NYC, I had to ban my parents from buying me presents that I didn't pick out for myself because I had no room to keep the "sequin fedoras" in my life!

Love your blog, I've been following for a while!

xo

vividvoltage.blogspot.com

Lisa Tedeschi said...

love the outfit .i really want to have couple of these

yanmaneee said...

moncler
adidas ultra
air max 2019
lebron 17 shoes
balenciaga triple s
supreme
chrome hearts online store
retro jordans
nike air max 2017
bape hoodie