The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2009-05-11

These are a Few of my Favourite Things...

A little list of things that make me smile...
-going to bed early (obviously not tonight).
-eating droppies (salty dutch candies) until I'm sick.
-the arm workout I get when I'm shopping from carrying so much fabulousness.
-watching teenage girls wear heels for the first time, skittering around like Bambi on ice.

Ok, serious for a second... I think one of my mostest favourite things is this little leather clutch from my Oma.


She got it when she was about 20 years old and she kept passing this purse in a store display. She coveted it but it was out of her budget ( a good chunk of her weekly salary). However, she kept thinking about it and finally she saved enough to buy it. It was passed on to me by my Oma a few years back and I used to use it but now I get nervous, so it's mostly just on display. We live in an age of consumerism and one day I'll have scads of purses and shiny things to give my grand daughter but because my Oma cherished this one clutch so much, it means a lot more to me.


Yeah to favourite things and brown paper packages tied up in string...

2 comments :

Linda said...

Droppies are gross. Its the one thing that you do that totally grosses me out, like I want to vomit when I watch you eat those....yuck.
I remember you gave me one once and the look on my face was something like :S......
Purse is adorable though...yay to old purses.

Kyla said...

I have a couple of amazing vintage clutches passed on to me from my late grandmother. I treasure them more than anything I've purchased for myself. You're right - yeah to favorite things!