The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2009-05-18

Mellow Yellow...crappy title



Dress? thrifted
Satin peep toes? Nine West, Winners
Patent purse? thrifted
Earrings? Random jewelry booth, from my wedding
Sunnies? gifted b/c they hurt L's head.
Pretty kitty? gifted

Yesterday was the perfect day to wear this vintage dress. It was sunny and gorgeous but still quite chilly. The colour makes it perfect for spring but it's acrylic, so it's pretty much a synthetic tomb on your body. Thankfully fabrics have come along way since this dress was made. I appreciate no ironing but some air flow is nice....

6 comments :

Academichic said...

The beading of this dress is so pretty and I love the color - I agree about airflow being nice though, one of the few drawback of true vintage items, they're often made of not so great material. But it looks great on you!

And when you say Hamilton...do you mean Hamilton, Ontario? I lived there for 5 years! I just thought that was so funny when I read your "About Me"! If we are talking about the same Hamilton, I can understand your struggle to live their fashionably!

S. of academichic

Unknown said...

I love vintage. This is adorable. :)

Stop by sometime: http://morenarena.blogspot.com/

Linda said...

Those shades sure do suit you! Its sad that I had to part with what P calles "the bug eyed glasses" but the migranes were too unbarable!
That outfit looks like it was made for you and the colour is great. Should I do a shameless self promotion as well?

RH said...

You'd make a great First Lady :)

Beautiful - and yes, yellow looks great on you! I'm jealous...

myedit said...

Haha, if I were first lady, then Matt would be president... scary.

Linda said...

thats "Prime Minister"...