The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2011-07-19

Thrift Day. Shop That Trend

thriftbracelet


Everywhere you look, people are stacking bracelets. It's vat all de kool kids are doing (...said with the dutch accent of my friend's mom, not my mom this time. There is a difference...). You could dig out your friendship bracelets from Grade 6 and catch that trend before it goes the way of Kevin Richardson from The Backstreet Boys or you can hit your local thrift store and grab an armful of bangles. That's the best part of thrifting. Before F21 catches on to a trend (so... 3 days), you can often thrift that same trend.
I found all these bracelets at Value Village last week... I was quite impressed with how well they worked together and the whole cluster came in at under $8. And I think Value Village is expensive, so I am sure you can find some for even cheaper. Which is good... because we like it cheaper. We're like those crazy coupon people... except I have an armful of nice quality bracelets for $8 and they have a basement full of free deodorant.


Oh... and p.s.!!!! It's the Thrift Edition of EBEW this week Thursday!

14 comments :

Lisa - Archives Vintage said...

is that $8 USD or $8 CAD? cuz...the .40 makes a diff!

kidding. i am alllllllll about stacking the bracelets! we dont have a value village in chicago, but they are always sending me emails with discounts for like, 30% off! if you're not getting their emails, you should!

Tiffany said...

the best arm parties are the cheap ones, true. I recently thrifted a stack of hyper-colorful 80s/90s bangles that are so trendy I could puke (in a good way).

Bri said...

Great finds, always fun to take a trend but get something a little less main stream! Yes, I'm finding VV has been over pricing, but luckily i did find some great bracelets at their last 50% off sale!

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

The stacked bracelets look wonderful! <3 I love all of the different colours!

x
Lost in the Haze

Amanda said...

Haha I can hear that Dutch accent, I have relatives in Holland. I love lots of bracelets- I think try look so pretty and are on my wish list currently.

The crazy coupon people comment made me laugh- I was just watching that show the other day. Those people are very...interesting. Haha.

--Amanda
http://anthropomorphity.blogspot.com

April said...

Nice arm party! Even better that it was only 8 bucks!! No shame for being a great thrifter!

Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to do this. I need to hit up Goodwill on dollar day so I can be like all the cool kids ;)

Danielle said...

I have bad news...I bought gold bangles at F21 about a month ago...and I got about 10 of them for $4. However, I really like yours and will definitely think VV for thirft next time instead, or Talize which Ive heard can be cheaper.

Cad said...

Value Village is probably up there in my favorite places to shop. These are great finds!
By the way, your blog is everything that I love :)
Now followingg!

Cad
http://cadattack.blogspot.com/

myedit said...

Danielle- Haha... bad news indeed. I just like that there are 4 types of bracelets and the quality is there so I know that in 2017 when bracelets stacking sweeps the nation again, these guys won't be chipped or flaking paint.

Sarah said...

I've been reading your blog for a few months now but have never commented! One: I love the bracelets. I have a stack of multi-colored bangles that were my mom's back in the day (the 70's I guess)that I love. And two: I really love that this a trend right now! I have a tattoo on my wrist that I have to keep covered for work and it's much prettier to hide it under a stack of pretty bracelets than one of those awkward terrycloth sweatbands ... know what I mean?? :D

Ashlee said...

Stacking bracelets is my favorite thing lately. So much so that I find myself neglecting some of my other really great accessories! The thing I love most about it is you can combine anything and everything and it (usually) looks great!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about weight management programs.

Regards
Feel free to visit my web-site weightloss motivation

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you ever thought of changing the page layout of your
website? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.
But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so
people could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having one or two pictures.
Maybe you could space it out better?
Also see my page :: illnessandsymptoms.com