The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2009-09-06

Paris Round-up

I complained about London being expensive, then I went to Paris...
But it was magnificent!

SOME SCENERY
I am a snobby tourist. I refuse to take stupid pictures of every tourist attraction just to prove I've been there. I'd rather buy the post card. But the first day that we arrived in Paris, the sky and lighting were so perfect that I couldn't stop taking pictures. I am no photographer but I do feel pride when I look at these. Yes, I know, pride is evil.

paris arc day
Afternoon...
paris arc eve
...evening...
paris arc night
...night.

paris tower bw
I like how this on turned out too. This was taken while we were relaxing (ie. eating nutella crepes) by a fountain in front of the the tower.

paris statue1
paris statue2
Unwittingly, Matt and I took pictures of the exact same thing. First I thought my picture was better, now, I'm not so sure. Please end our misery and tell us, which is better? The winner gets bragging rights and the loser has kitty litter duty... it's important.

paris egypt
I took this picture for Linda because she used to be all into Egyptian stuff. Paris has Egyptian fountains, Greek pillars, Gothic-style churches... as long as it was extravagant, it was built.

paris flowers
Flowers, you are so pretty!

SOME ADVENTURES
paris tourist matt
We wanted to make sure everyone knew we were tourists, so Matt wore a backpack...

paris buns of steel1
paris buns of steel2
Cindy Crawford, eat your heart out. These are the real buns of steel.

paris merry
Side-saddle like a lady.

paris macaroons
Everyone was right, the macaroons were delicious.

paris hotel
Our hotel was a little lacking... I wasn't expecting anything fancy but a toilet seat that was taped together isn't cool. There were more things...but the location was great and the ladies really did do a good job keeping it clean. So, as long as it's safe and clean, I guess we were ok. The only channel that was English was sports, so I caught up on tennis and tried to finish a beer. I couldn't. I'll know I'm a real grown-up when I start to enjoy the taste of beer.

SOME OUTFITS

paris grunge

Plaid shirt? Ralph Lauren, thrifted
Jeans? Seven, Winners
Tee? Zara
Boots? Gap
Purse? Elliot Lucca, Winners
Cuff? Goodwill auction


paris outfit dress
Maxi dress? Lida Baday, thrifted
Belt? thrifted
Sweater? Zara
Bag? Roots, thrifted
I bought a sweater because I was frozen, and I kinda liked how it worked out. An accidental lesson in layering.

paris outfit zara
Jeans? Zara (the only deal I got in Paris, seven euros...)
Sweater? Zara
Sandals? Indian import store?
Belt? Michael Kors, Winners
Necklace? h&m
Cuff? My mama's
Um, is that my tummy showing? I'm scandalous.

paris outfit scarf
Sandals, belt and jeans? as before
Striped tank? Tevrow and Chase, Winners
Denim jacket? Zara
Bag? Roots, thrifted
Scarf? h&m

I brought along quite a few dresses (even Matt's favourite one) but while it wasn't nasty outside, it was simply too cold to explore the city in the dresses I had. Since they don't award merit points for wearing a backless dress on a gusty, cool day, I went for comfort...


20 comments :

Unknown said...

Seems like you cannot get a bad view of the Tower :)

Danielle said...

These pics are gorgeous, FABULOUS one of the tower!!! and I am so in love with your maxi dress and sweater layering!! Looks like you had lots of fun :)

Anonymous said...

looks like you had a great time. love what you did with the maxi. love your sense of style. really enjoyed the pics...the scenery and esp the flowers.

Unknown said...

beautfiful pic...love the night shot of Arc De Triomphe.love the outfits pics...the weater with maxi and the last one with all the layering are such great looks.
PS: I like the 1st pic of the pigeon on the statue...was that clicked by you?

Elaine said...

Hahahaha, I was seriously laughing throughout this post! You are SO funny!!!! First of all....I love your pictures!! Second...I love the second statue picture more...whosever it is! Third...I loved the backpack comment! Fourth, I love your outfits! Especially the last one.... Fifth...next time you go to France, please take me with you :D
clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Linda said...

1. Odd that you remember the Egypt thing. I do really still love Egyptian things but I heard actually going to Egypt is over-rated.

2. The second picture is better because it isn't completly centred. It doesn't follow "the rule of thirds"

3. You bought all those macaroons and only left me 2? You're a bad friend!. j.k

4. I love my bauble!

Secondhand Stella said...

I love all your outfits!!!!

I like the first picture in the "contest".

I think the pic of you touching the statue's butt is really funny ;)

Unknown said...

first picture

E said...

I am so SO jealous! Keep snapping away. I love the one of you grabbing the statue - ha!

Eyeliah said...

Hey, I just updated my links and added you to the blogroll. :-) Would be great if you add me too, no worries if not. :-)

Matt said...

I think that the second picture is much better

Academichic said...

Such wonderful shots of Paris! Really makes me want to be there again. It looks like you had a fabulous vacation, cold weather and lacking hotel notwithstanding. I LOVE the layered gray top over the maxi dress - my favorite of the outfits!

Also, I just want to add that I love your writing smile and that all your posts crack me up. S.

Academichic said...

PS: I prefer the first of the two pics. What's the tally? Who's on kitty litter duty? S.

haute hardware said...

*swoon* Looks like you had a fabulous time! That shot of you on the carousel is stunning.

Paul said...

The second shot is definitely better. (Matt, you owe me one!)

GFS said...

I simply adore you style!!

Unknown said...

oakley vault
timberland boots
mont blanc
ralph lauren outlet
coach outlet
louis vuitton outlet
jordan concords
uggs for men
nhl jerseys
louis vuitton outlet stores
insanity workout
coach outlet
ugg outlet
ugg boots
new york knicks jerseys
coach factory outlet
coach outlet store online clearances
cheap nfl jerseys
abercrombie and fitch
canada goose outlet
kobe 9 shoes
rolex submariner
louis vuitton
rolex watches
louis vuitton handbags
lebron james shoes
canada goose outlet
louis vuitton outlet
mont blanc pens
ugg outlet
instyler curling iron
michael kors outlet online
cheap uggs
ralph lauren uk
ralph lauren sale
michael kors outlet
uggs on sale
michael kors outlet
rolex watches
kobe bryant shoes
20169.2wengdongdong

Unknown said...

www11.17


canada goose
supreme clothing
moncler jackets
bottega veneta
christian louboutin
nike shoes
ralph lauren polo
reebok outlet
mbt shoes
giuseppe zanotti


yanmaneee said...

air max 270
nike react
kyrie 5
jordan 6
michael kors uk
adidas yeezy boost
air max 270
balenciaga shoes
vapormax
michael kors outlet

peythish said...

h1e56z1v35 o8g91o7b48 x9f60e5f63 y0q93c6n76 c2q81m0b80 l3k12d6k09