The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2009-09-29

Once Upon a Time...

....I saw a guy at my church with really blue eyes and big dimples and I decided we should date. Five years later, we got married. True story.

ourwedding6
We do.

ourwedding1
Awwww... haha, Matt's shadow is like The Hulk.

ourwedding4
Randomly stopped by my work to get a shot with 'my' truck. Nerdy but I kinda like it.

ourwedding3
The bridesmaids with their unintentionally matching dresses. More on that here.

ourwedding2
Had to include this picture because nephew, 'A', would not stop wailing in the picture. So, we cropped in on us and the tearful child (sorry, 'L', you got cut buddy... you needed to cry for the picture) and made this our thank-you card. We wrote across the picture 'Hope you had a better time than 'A''. Some people did not see this writing and wondered why we sent out a thank-you card with a crying child.... Our sense of humour is so advanced...

ourwedding5
Told you he had dimples.

P.S. Thanks to Linda for suggesting a wedding pic post. I've been working and in sweats these last days, so the timing is great...
P.P.S. I don't know why the picture quality is low, our printed pics look fine and I'm tooo tiiirred to figure it out now.
P.P.P.S. Linda's getting married in 4 days!!!!

20 comments :

Academichic said...

Lovely post, so nice to see your wedding pictures and hear a bit more about you and your husband. The crying child card idea - genius!

Your dress is absolutely gorgeous! I wish I could see the detailing on the top better but even so, I'm in love with it. Where did you find it?

Thanks for a glimpse at your wedding day and dress - you both looked smashing! S.

Mary said...

What a great post! I love how you did the bridesmaid's dresses-- it looks beautiful and so much less stress than usual bridesmaid dress coordinating!

Secondhand Stella said...

Awww, you guys look so cute! Love the straps of your dress and I like how the bridesmaids all wore something different. How long have you been married?

E said...

These are so adorable! I love the Grecian feel of your dress!!

Linda said...

Yes Yen, you done good when you MADE YOUR OWN WEDDING DRESS...even beaded it herself...yep you are amazing.
4 days? Ugh! every time I eat I wanna vomit.

Danielle said...

Awww so sweet!! Gorgeous dress!

Unknown said...

Awesome pics...love the last one.

Megan Wolf said...

aww so so so pretty! I love the detail on the top of your dress. Its beyond lovely. All of these photos are so wonderful!! You guys look like not only are you in love, but that you have tons of fun together, and have a great sense of humor. Thanks for sharing them with us! I'm inspired to do a wedding post as well, so thanks!!

xoxo

http://thediscerningfashionista.blogspot.com/

San Francisco Stylephile said...

Congratulations! Wow! You two are a gorgeous couple! Love the crying nephew thank-you card. That is SO hilarious.

And I'm laughing over your story about meeting your husband, because once upon a time, I met a guy on the street with gorgeous green eyes and big dimples and decided WE should date...and four years later, WE got married! Seriously, true story!

Nana Erin said...

OMG, that dress!~ To die for!~ I am in shock at how beautiful it is...and you MADE IT!~

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

Lovely story. I met my hsuband during the first week at university in the gym. he was wearing orange sweat pants. We have been married 20 years and have four children.

Nadine said...

Hey! Hi! I just found you from academichic, and I love your style and your blog. (And I've always thought Canada was pretty cool.) I'm also fascinated by your hair with the braids and the low updos and what not. And this is a lovely wedding post.

we wear things said...

awww i've seen plenty of wedding photos lately!! yours are just gorgeous!

Unknown said...

The graphics on our trucks actually looks pretty sweet in the picture.

Christen said...

These are beautiful and your dress is beautiful :)
And your "how you fell in love" story totally made me laugh.

And thank you for the encouragement and smoothie idea. It's so good to know I'm not the only one having a hard time with this. Reading everyone's great comments really made me want to succeed that much more!

C said...

Gorgeous/perfect wedding pictures! You look so beautiful and happy. Love it.

Invisible G. said...

You look like a Grecian Goddess!

I heart that dress, and you guys have a great aura together.

Me - I'm still searching for Mr. Right, casually of course. :)

Wanderlusting said...

Such a beautiful dress - congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

you look lovely. every time i see dimples i wish i had some too. on my face of course. haha

Ms. Falcon said...

congratulations!!!
what a lovely wedding dress... love the picture with the truck. it's very special.
are you all marrying at the same month/week?! felt like marathon celebrating, huh?! Great!

xx