The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2012-08-18

This Week I Thrifted...

thrift1
(thrifted sweater, old H&M leather necklace)

What? New w/ tags Acrylic sweater
Where? Salvation Army, Parry Sound
How Much? $6

I got this sweater at a Salvation Army up in Parry Sound while we were away this week. In the time it took Matt to gas up his vehicle nearby, I had done a good sweep of the store, found this sweater and listened to a woman give the breakdown on her menopausal status to anyone nearby. I bought the sweater because snuggly, beige sweaters are not to be left behind, especially when they are new with the tags on them still.

I didn't have a bag with me, so I had to pay the 5 cents at the register to purchase a bag and as I struggled, with my hands full, to get that nickel, the menopausal lady kindly stepped forward and counted out 5 pennies to pay for my bag. In exchange for her 5 cents, I admired and complimented every item of her thrift store haul as she excitedly held them up for me to see.

My compliments have monetary value. A nickel, if you please...

thrift2

13 comments :

meg said...

Heh I bet you're going to get some "Why did you have to pay a nickel?" questions on this one. I thought it was just Toronto thing...or an Ontario thing? Anyway, love the sweater. Always on the lookout for nice beigey sweaters at the thrift store.

Shannon said...

This snuggly sweater is a great score! I can see it slipping into my wardrobe raotation so easily! I love dressing for fall!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to wear sweaters again, and this one is such a great find! Love it!

peace&love, Jill

Favor the Brave

Kristen said...

Wow!!! that is an AWESOME find!! How exciting!! Parry Sound, I'm new to Canada (live in Moose Factory, Ontario) but have heard of that a few times!

Alexa said...

you always find the most amazing pieces! I would love to raid your closet!

Alexa <3
http://sleepeatbreathefashion.blogspot.com/

Nadine said...

Ooooh, a Martin-Freeman-as-John-Watson jersey! LOVE it!

Maria said...

I really love that leaf necklace on top of the sweater.

the rusty artichoke said...

so i'm less worried about why you have to pay a nickel for a bag, and more why you need a bag for one sweater?? ;)

Bre said...

You always find the best thrift finds! I adore that leather leave necklace too.

Sydney said...

The sweater is gorge! I have a hard time finding ones that aren't pulled/knotted or just generally worn looking.

myedit said...

the rusty artichoke- I always tie up my thrift store purchases in a plastic bag until I can get home and clean them. Dealing with bed bugs in University has made me super cautious...:/

the rusty artichoke said...

oh eww i'd be cautious too ;)

Sprague said...

However he has also performed on many soundtracks for movies and some special events as well. Kelley asked him back the following season to sing "To Where You Are". Josh on His Charity Work - "If Someone Asks You Make Time." Today Show Interview of Josh Groban at the Concert for Diana Though the song hasn't reached the charts yet, it certainly should after his All-star appearance. 6.