The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2013-06-10

Work (it) Out

nike1
nike6
nike2
nike4
nike3
Sweater? Nike  (similar here, maybe even better) Skirt? c/o Jacob (here) Shoes? Ralph Lauren (here
Bracelets? Salamander one is from my Oma, the big one from a random boutique
Sunglasses? Betsey Johnson (similar here)

I found this leather-sleeved sweatshirt at a huge discount when I was looking for some work out clothes at Winners. I thought it was an accident that had some leather end up between the neon spandex selections. But it is actually work out gear and the leather is washable. Huh. Interesting. I was obviously not the only one confused because the sweater stuck around for a while and got a couple red stickers until I found it for $25... 
I'm all for having fun work out gear... if I have bright pink shoes or silly shirt I'm more inclined to put them on and head out to do some stairs. At least that is what I tell myself. I've never thought of sweating it out in a leather sleeved sweatshirt though. I wonder who wears leather shirts to work out? Probably the daughter of the lady who owned the 80's silk work out jacket I thrifted a few years ago... I want to meet these people. If you are wearing silk and leather to work on your fitness, I could totally get along with you. You probably tease and curl your hair and then bring a glass (bottle? Stay hydrated...) of wine with you to the treadmill.

Like I said, my kind of people...

12 comments :

eelsay said...

What a steal! you'll make great use of that sweater, lobe how you wore it here,sexy & sporty.
xo,
eelsay

www.theluxuryrehab.com

Aimee Rancer said...

Love the sweater and how you paired the athletic sweatshirt with a feminine skirt! Happy Monday!

-Aimee

www.thelocaltransplant.com

Jennifer said...

This outfit is super powerful!

Unknown said...

Love the sweatshirt with the skirt. Seriously though, who doesn't need leather to work out?!

www.topitoff-mel.blogspot.com

Asher said...

Looove this! That skirt is so cute & it's adorable with that sweatshirt!

Jennifer said...

Fab skirt, fab sweater!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Ladies in Navy said...

you look great! love the skirt
kw ladies in navy

Candida said...

Well hello Sporty Chic. Love this outfit - its all sorts of cool and feminine. The white skirt looks great on you!

Um, can I get in on that workout sesh (wine, leather, teased hair). (wink)

Candida
Merch Maven

Elaine said...

hottie

Anonymous said...

i dig those sunglasses...gotta get a pair.

Secondhand Stella said...

That top is pretty fab. Love how you styled it.

Leah said...

Love this! Hot!