The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2013-06-24

Beach Reads

albionmag1
albionmag2
albionmag3

I like how in my last post, I act as if I am above using props as a fashion blogger because I am just so real... yo.  And then in the very next post (this one...) I am reading a Chatelaine from 1969*, a Time magazine from 1968 and a Hamilton mag from... 2013. Because that is a really realistic reading stack for a beach day. What can I say, my interests are varied... 

Check back tomorrow for a full post with a beauty of a vintage-inspired bathing suit, shot in some magical golden light by my lady Julie. Oh... and a giveaway!!!
No props though, I read enough to last me for a year.




*This particular July issue of Chatelaine urged women not to make the following fashion mistakes for the approaching autumn season; no cropped pants, no pointed pumps with stilletto heels and no patterned tights. Those items are like, so 1968... Funny how those same items are still making the 'in' and 'out' lists in 2013...

17 comments :

Els said...

Everybody's cottage has magazines that hark back about that far. I remember Reader's Digests like that; most vividly the issue with "Tragedy at Tenerife" about the KLM crash (on a fog-shrouded runway) in the Canary Islands. Mostly because my Mom and younger sister flew to Holland a day or so later on KLM. I feared that they'd be doomed...

Ladies in Navy said...

this is so cute! :)
kw ladies in navy
$50 anthropologie giveaway!

Sofia H. said...

You look gorgeous in these!

Helen said...

Lovely Jentine! And I especially love the nice bruise on your leg!! ;)

Maja said...

Looking forward to the full post, have been coveting vintage bikinis lately.
I've been reading your blog for a while and following along on insta, so I thought it was time to say "Hello!". Love your style, and I will certainly have to check out some of your fave thift shops next time I'm in Hamilton (which is often, my boyfriend lives there). Have asked him to take me to Dundurn Castle based on some of your insta pics haha...and now I sound like a stalker. Ooops. Great blog, keep up the amazing work!

Maja

Unknown said...

These pictures are so cute! I've just discovered your blog and I really love it :)

Erica
sweet-endeavors.blogspot.com

Tabet said...

Hey,
great pictures - so lovely :)
Love
Tabea

http://wolkedrei.blogspot.de/

Tabet said...

Hey,
lovely pictures! :)
Love
Tabea

http://wolkedrei.blogspot.de/

Loulou said...

You're hilarious, yo! Love these shots and look forward to the pictures of your vintage inspired bathing suit.

Unknown said...

These pictures are beautiful and I love that hat on you and GIMME YOUR LEGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JennaStevie said...

These photos are so lovely, that bathing suit is so gorgeous and love the retro vibe.
The chatelaine is the perfect prop.
xJennad

Orchid Grey said...

You look freaking beautiful in this bathing suit, lady!

SWF_Terra said...

ME.
OW.

Anonymous said...

LOVE you!

Linda said...

You look like a vintage bathing beauty. In modern words, totes amaze!

bogholderkompagniet said...

Hey there would you mind letting me know which web host you're working with? I've loaded your blog in 3 completely different browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot quicker then most. Can you suggest a good web hosting provider at a honest price? Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!
printed bikini swimwear uk

JeremyLaayman said...

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing for your feed and I'm hoping you write again soon!electric flea and tick comb