They fascinate me because it feels like you are getting a little peak into someone's private life. Growing up my mom's purse was jam packed with what was needed to run our household. It was also completely fascinating and... strictly off limits. So getting a look into what people carry around always feels like I am doing something sneaky.
But every time I look at a purse post, I always wonder... where is the junk? And why is everything in your purse perfect and new? Doesn't that stuff get beat up?
So I gathered a few of my day-to-day purses (yes, I switch them up a lot), emptied them all on my bed and tried to put together a fair representation of what I carry in my bag. I always have my wallet, at least one lipgloss and my iPhone with me but the other stuff is not always a guarantee.
Of course, if I really need something, it's probably in another purse...
To be fair, looking at this post, my purse content seems a little lacklustre. I think my purse could use a sparkly notepad or fancy mints to jazz it up... For real.
1. My Jess Rizzuti purse (c/o here). Other purses in the rotation include my Roots bag and this thrifted bag.
2. Sunglasses. Two pairs (Moschino and Betsey Johnson). Not because I need options, though it's not a bad idea, but because there is usually a pair lost in an inside pocket somewhere for an indefinite amount of time.
3. My iPhone with an Iconemisis (c/o here) cover. I love the cover but it's super slippery, so I can't use it if I am drinking wine.
4. Vintage tooled leather wallet. I believe this was stolen from Kendi's donate pile when I was there two years ago. I've used it since and if definitely has wear. I guess that as much as I am constantly switching purses, I'm the opposite about ever switching up wallets. I like to wait until stuff starts falling out...
5. My Roots toque. Because roots (for my naturally (?) blonde hair) and cold ears need to be covered.
6. A smattering of lip products. I always have a Bath and Body Works lipgloss on me and probably a nearly empty tube of it lying around too. And then a bunch of lipsticks that naturally accumulate in the deep pockets of my purse.
7. Tylenol. Because sometimes my head hurts.
8. Anti-bacterial gel. This kinda just hangs out in my purse. The only time I really use it is after I go thrifting...
9. Gum. It might be full, it might be empty.
10. Tampons or pads. Though, like I said, when I actually need these products they are undoubtedly in another purse.
11. JUNK. This is the part that I feel gets left out of every purse post. Unless I am the only one with crap in their purse. In this case, my junk pile includes a stub of a Winners gift card (long gone sadly), a couple Shopper's Drugmart receipts, a pay stub... you know, the usual suspects. Sometimes I'm a little embarrassed at how long random crap stays in my purse. Sometimes I'm a little embarrassed that the pile of randomness is actually much bigger than what is shown here.
But most of the time, I know that letting my purse serve as a junk collector is perfectly normal...