The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2012-06-04

Pockets Full of...

flat7
flat5
flat6
flat9
flat2

Skirt? Thrifted Jacket? G-Star Raw (here kinda pricey and it doesn't have the distressing that mine has I think) Shoes? Calvin Klein, Winners (here or nude here) Shirt? Thrifted Sunglasses? Old Navy

Flatforms. Some people hate the word and the shoe. Personally, I dislike the word but I am a fan of the shoe. All that height and yet, they are so comfortable. It's almost odd to wear them because it doesn't feel natural to be so far off the ground and still completely stable. I stumbled twice... probably because I was overcompensating in anticipation of being off balance. I need to stop over thinking things.
Another item I am a fan of, is a big cargo pocket. I chuckle because in the last picture you can see that I am hoarding a lot of stuff in my jacket. Give me a roomy cargo pocket and I turn into an 8 year old boy, collecting all the day's treasures as I go along. Though I doubt an 8 year old carries three lipstick choices so that he can be prepared for any colour depending on what his mood is. He probably collects much cooler things... like lint, elastics and frogs...

19 comments :

Linda said...

You look awesome as usual. Pockets are king! Or queen! They are one of my deciding factors at the thrift store (or any store really).

Estherina said...

Cute outfit!


Step into Estherina's World

Jessica Broyles said...

Nice outfit! I love those platforms!

www.highheelstosneakers.com

Unknown said...

I agree - I hate the word but love the shoe!

xoxo
Holly

www.myscuttle.com

Leah said...

Love this outfit! A good cargo jacket does it for me every time.
ps. I hate the word flatform.

Unknown said...

Cargo, stripes, and denim...I love it!!

Sofia H. said...

Love love love this outfit and the shoes.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! The last pic is my fav!

amanda said...

you are the coolest girl i know. and made even cooler that i can see your sock line. like really. makes me feel less silly about my own :)

Life etc... said...

I have the same stumbling issues! I have a pair of wedges from years ago that I guess would now be called 'flatforms', and they're surprisingly off-balancing! Lovely outfit though, and you can never have enough pockets for treasures :)

Life Etc

Jennifer said...

Loving your rings!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

I LOVE your outfit! http://www.natalyascloset.com

Simply Bubblelicious said...

Flatforms rock (well, the style not the name) I love my Elizabeth and James pair. U can dress them up and down. Love that skirt, you ALWAYS look great!

Joanne M said...

yes, i love flatforms but over compensate too, lol!

Thrifted Shift said...

There's no reason why you can't have three lipsticks AND frogs in your pockets! Cute look!
--TS

anythingariel said...

i love your outfit!! :)

www.anythingariel.tumblr.com

Veronika Novotny said...

Oooh, what a fabulous look Jentine!! I absolutely LOVE how you've styled your striped skirt... so chic & perfectly laid back! As for flatforms?! Yup, not sure I like the name either, kind of weird right? But the shoe is a definite win in my books - gorgeous!! xo

compradora anonima said...

great look!!
love the shoes

Butler said...

A dream of seeing others kill insects or animals prophesies help from friendly sources, but to dream of killing them yourself predicts that you will overcome obstacles through your own efforts.Kiss. Related computer tech jobs and clerical positions will no doubt open as well. They became 'non-diabetic' and/or 'non-symptomatic' of heart disease conditions such as hypertension, high LDL cholesterol, low HDL, high blood sugar, high CRP inflammatory markers, high fribrinogen, and so on. The businesses tell you they do not offer full market value but Do not rip you off.