The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2012-06-14

Matchmaking

bun5
bun1
bun3
bun4
bun2

Clutch? c/o Austin Yarn Company (don't see red available anymore but there's royal blue, pink, grey and black) Blazer? Thrifted Shorts? French Connection Shoes? Calvin Klein, Winners (here) Top? Kenzie 
Bracelet? My Oma's

I got fancy last week and even busted out my new clutch to go out for drinks (though we called it a business meeting...) with my friend Julie. She's a tall Dutch fashion blogger who thrifts a lot, loves cats, is married to a Matt and lives downtown Hamilton. Sometimes I think we are the same person but then I remember she has a much better camera than I do (as evidenced in the pictures above, which she kindly took of me). Perhaps another difference to note is that I am also more blessed than she is because I have three cats and she only has one. Yes, feel sorry for her...
However, that one cat of hers, Maggie, is a beauty. In fact, when I met her last week, I immediately declared that Kyle and Maggie would have made the cutest kittens. I'm the queen of preaching at you to spay or neuter your pets, especially if you take a look at the kill stats in your local shelter (sadness) but for one tiny second, I wished Kyle could have passed on his beauty to the next generation. Seriously... these two together? So. much. fluff.

cats
(My Kyle and Julie's Maggie)

Not like my momentary matchmaking wishes would have meant anything. Children don't like their parents meddling in their love lives. I mean, even if he was neutered, he probably would have fallen in love with some scrawny neighbourhood cat instead. Kyle's deep like that. It's not just about the looks for him.

32 comments :

MzCherrie said...

I LOVE that clutch!!

Kathryn said...

Yup, and thats why Kyle loves Matty...ooh, ouch, did I just write that? Shame on me! Love you Matty!

Unknown said...

That is probably the cutest clutch that I have ever seen! oh my goodness, I would want to carry that all the time. Glad you and Julie had fun. :)

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Hannah Nelson said...

Such a cute outfit! I want to steal your shoes :)

xo Hannah

Melody said...

I, too, wish that our solid black cat and solid white cat would, uh, reproduce. But, ah.

Love the shoes. :)

Laurel said...

Your outfit is very Blake Lively, a la Gossip Girl. In the most lovely way! Love your post. XD

Unknown said...

Thats a fun clutch!

Olga said...

Beautiful look!

KDot said...

I have similar feelings about cats as you - love them, support shelters.

That being said, I've often imagined what my Kitty's kitties would look like even though she is spayed. Yes, I named my cat Kitty.

Please may I? said...

That clutch bag is fab. Such a shame they don't have it in red, to would have been perfect for my daughters prom.

X x

Natasha Fatah said...

Oh the meows meows are so cute!

xoxo
~Natasha Fatah~
~Natasha Fatah~

Anonymous said...

Best Fluffies Forever! (BFF)

Secondhand Stella said...

That clutch is fantastic! I love it!

Emily of Boston said...

I love this entire outfit. I wish I could dress shorts up the way you do. In fact, I might have to just copy this entire look to guarantee a win...

Kitties!! I'm in love with all of the sweet fluffiness! :)

Thrifted or Scripted? said...

Love this outfit, those shorts look amazing on you!It looks like all that running is making your legs even more gorgeous... Sorry, I hope that didn't sound too creepy. Dutch girls rule!

Erica said...

They look like a match made in heaven. :)

Ever consider becoming a professional kitty matchmaker? I bet you could get a reality show deal out of this one. Imagine the drama unfolding as fluffies try to find true love. The cat fights, the romatic tuna dinners, .... captivating :)

Anonymous said...

Great look! this clutch is adorable!

xoxo
Paula
blush-paula.blogspot.com

Erica said...

**Romantic dinners, not romatic, unless that is how they say it in kitty talk...lol. (Someday, maybe, I'll learn how to spell). Have a great weekend!

Jessica Broyles said...

I LOVE this outfit! Those shoes are so perfect!

www.highheelstosneakers.com

Bree said...

You look fantastic! Love the ensemble and the lighting in these photos is oh-so-wonderful.

Cheers,
Bree
Dream in Fashion

Ashley said...

I love this look -- it's got that schoolyard vibe...and it is gorgeous. Blazers and shorts are my jam and you're rocking this.

Ashley
whatisatwist.blogspot.com

katie said...

you are so funny/clever/awesome!! thank you for writing a great blog. love your outfit pics, and you always make me laugh. (i mean, when you're trying to be funny, that is.)

Life etc... said...

Hahaha cat matchmaking, too funny! I do also sometimes think how cute my dog's puppies would be... ;)

Life Etc

Jennifer said...

Adorable clutch!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Melina said...

love the way you styled our AYC clutch. looks fabulous :)

-Melina
The Caffeinated Closet

Jenee C. said...

How gorgeous is that clutch! I need one in my life. Just came across your blog, and I can't get enough. I'll just have to start stalking your blog.

xx http://camomeetscouture.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the big laugh about the cats! Just too silly.

compradora anonima said...

Love your look

anythingariel said...

love the look! ^_^

www.anythingariel.tumblr.com

mckinzy said...

Such a lovely look! I am all about mixing style and comfort. The platform is such a great way to dress up a look, but also such an easy shoe to go all day in!

-Mckinzy :)
roomforcream-mckinzy.blogspot.com

Anna.Pants said...

The clutch is amazing and aww the kitties are so cute! I have been reading your blog for ages (without commenting- I'm a creeper like that) and am soon moving to Canada to study for a while, so I hope everyone is as stylish and cat-loving as you ;)

Gina said...

Oh, I love cats...more than anything in this world, I think:-) If it were my choice I would have a house full. Hubby has me on a one cat limit;(

XO,Gina
classyeverafter.blogspot.com