The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2012-03-13

Cover Girl

paper

I'm back from Texas! Tired, unorganised, kinda greasy and full of good memories. I'm sure I'll have more to say on all that later...
Last week, I never had a chance to post on something pretty exciting that happened just before I left... I was on the cover of the Go section of The Hamilton Spectator!!! This makes me a cover model, right?
The writer of the article ended up following me on a thrift adventure (a very successful thrift trip I might add... this blazer and this skirt were part of the haul) and she wrote an article about the blog and thrifting. She also wrote about my boyfriend, Matt. This boyfriend of mine likes hockey and beer and is actually my husband, Matt... I just had to clear that up before the rumour mill gets out of control. The media attention has been relentless...:)
A special thanks to The Spec for the feature and to Sheryl Nadler for writing such a nice piece about me. She was endlessly patient as I talked about thrifting... a lot. It was like the dam broke when I was talking to her and I couldn't stop yammering on about the only sport I have ever been any good at; the sport of thrift.

24 comments :

Hazel said...

I read that ,it was a great article ,congratulations .Nice to know you visit some of my favorite stores .

Anonymous said...

I'll bet at this very moment the writer of your article is stalking the thrifts. I'll bet you've converted her.

Congratulations on the publicity!

Anonymous said...

So.very.awesome.

Nikki | The Ginger Diaries said...

well, congratulations! You're one of the best thrifters out there to my beliefs! ^^ xo Nikki

Anonymous said...

Congrats :) Great News

Xoxo
Paula
Blush-paula@blogspot.com

Simply Bike said...

Yay, you rock! Going to go read the article now!

As for the sport of thrift: finally, a sport I can get behind! :)

S.

Simply Bike said...

Yay, you rock! Going to go read the article now!

As for the sport of thrift: finally, a sport I can get behind! :)

S.

Anonymous said...

Wahoo! Congrats on the feature, my dear!

Greetings from Texas! said...

Yes! That's awesome. A huge congratulations to both you and your boyfriend. =)

Sofia H. said...

Congrats! Loved meeting you. You are all kinds of awesome.

amber said...

Hahaha I love the plot twist where you are actually married to your boyfriend. This photo is fantastic, by the way

Unknown said...

wooohooo Congrats girl!! That calls for a blog party :-)

Natasha Fatah said...

Congratulations, it's so nice to be recognized for a passion! I checked the article to see if my friend Lisa, who is a style writer at the Spectator might have written the piece, but it wasn't her. Aw dang it. Either way - super exciting!

xoxo
www.natashafatah.blogspot.com

GFS said...

#humblebrag!!!

Just kidding. For those reading this...if you are not Jentine or Kendi or Juanette or me...you won't get that inside joke!

You are such a rockstar Jen! Congrats!

amymom24 said...

Whoohoo! That's really exciting, Yen! I'm sure your boyfriend is thrilled, too. :p

Unknown said...

That's so awesome! Congrats!!!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Please may I? said...

Wow, yes that definitely makes you a cover girl!

X x

Unknown said...

Wow, that's amazing dear! Congratss!!!

xo Jony
SHOUT-OUT to you

Christine said...

congrats!
work-it-blog.blogspot.com

kate said...

Congrats on your article! That is pretty great!

Kelly said...

Congratulations! That's super exciting :) A nice long story too!

Unknown said...

This is fantastic! Congratulations :)

Natasha ~ TashaDelrae.com

Our Sophisticated Planet said...

Haha, I love it. 'The sport of Thrift'. hehe. This is so cool that you were featured as a cover model! Love it, congrats!
Delaney
xx

MisisD said...

I know this is a year late but Congratulations! You deserve it!