The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2010-11-25

Thanksgiving Thursday

It's Thanksgiving and Thrift Thursday is taking a week off.
Yes, yes... in Canada we already had our turkey but I'm celebrating with our friends across the border in spirit by eating too much and hugging the fam damily. Or... I am working last minute to finish a final project for my night class but whatever...
Either way... No Thrift Thursday but I do want to take a moment and say Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! to this beauty...

merly

(I stole this photo off her awesome blog... now she is going to sick her cats on me. I can handle it.)


You may have noticed my blog got a make-over. It was probably way overdue. I've been frustrated for a long time that my blog had no cohesive look, and that it was hard to see at first glance what this blog and I are all about. Now I am no longer just the chick on the suitcase (though I love the pic but it's from the old house and to be honest, those jeans I was wearing have always pinched...)...
I am a sad representative of my tech savvy generation and after beating myself up for a long time over my lack of computer skills, I came to terms with the fact that I can't do it all. And so, I turned to the person who does do it all and that is how Merl gets all the credit for the new blog look. I sent Merl a scratchy sketch and a tearful plea and 48 emails and she made some blog magic. Merl, I love you.
When I check the blog, I have to do a double take before I realize this fanciness is actually my blog. It looks so professional that I am thinking of becoming a professional blogger. I am not sure what that entails exactly... but you know what they say about turning pro... you can't qualify for the Olympics anymore.

Merl... have I said thank-you yet?
xo

17 comments :

liz said...

Ooh I love it and I think it will interest new readers that you are both a landscaper and so fashionable!

Lovers, Saints & Sailors said...

She's done an amazing job. Every time I see your new header now I think want! The brogues, not the steel toes. Well, they're not without their charm...

Dylana Suarez said...

Your new blog layout looks amazing!

xoxo,

colormenana.blogspot.com

Katie, Interrobangs Anonymous said...

Love it. Love it all.

GS said...

She did a wonderful job! Good work Merl! Did you bribe her with cat hair? I like this look. I need to tweek mine, but I look at the html and glaze over.

Unknown said...

LOVE IT! Merl, don't you want to adopt my blog??? ;)

Malicious Mallory said...

She did a great job - it looks fantastic! :)

Happy Thanksgiving ;)

Raquelita said...

Yay, Yen! It looks great!

Academic Writer (a.k.a. A-Dubs) said...

'Sweet new look! Blogging Olympics be damned.

Megan said...

Hope you had a great T-giving! I nominated your blog over at mine for a bloggy award! :) http://chasingdavies.blogspot.com/2010/11/happy-black-friday.html

Julia said...

I love the look! It's gorgeous, and the new header is very chic and overall the shiiiiiiite, if I do say so myself. I know how these makeovers can make us feel young again...
xoxo

Great job, Merl!

Jodi said...

love this new blog!!!

Ashley Archibald said...

your blog looks great! i love the header

merl said...

you're welcome lover :) although it was more like 52 emails.. but I'll let that slide since you're personally delivering the payment whilst also picking up your skirt. Red or white wine?....

Secondhand Stella said...

Love the new look :) Hope you are having a great weekend!!!!

Marie said...

I really like the new design too! The top banner took a while to appear for me. Maybe it was just my computer, I don't know. (Sorry, I'm a web programmer so I had to mention it in case it's helpful!) :)

Kate said...

The new layout looks SO good! So clean & fresh, I love it!