The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2009-03-05

Saturday Chores

Boots? Cole Haan, thrifted

Growing up, Saturday afternoon at 4:30 was chore time. For years my chore was to polish all the shoes. Between my parents, my four brothers and me, there was a lot of polishing. Basically it was slave labour and my parents were mean. Ok, it wasn't that bad, I'm made of tough Dutch stock and polishing dozens of shoes didn't kill me, but I did hate it.


As we grew up our chores got redistributed and it would be years before I would touch shoe polish again. A few years ago however, I started to believe in the power of polish again. I got the Cole Haan boots above from the VV boutique. They were so new that the original leather soles were hardly worn down but the leather uppers were a bit scuffy and dirty. Nothing that polish couldn't fix. Check out the polished left boot compared to the original state on the right. Maybe it's time to reinstate Saturday afternoon chore time.

1 comment :

Unknown said...

In preparing this article, I sent out questions and breitling replica sale interviewed a lot of people. I wanted to offer specific examples of the unexpected benefits people might get from buying cartier replica sale watches at authorized dealers or at brand boutiques. A lot of brands, while happy to discuss the matter with me off the record, didn't really want to be panerai replica sale specifically mentioned or to have me share what they do for their consumers in this article. That seems strange at first, but it really has to do with hublot replica uk protecting the exclusivity of their events and omega replica sale services, as well as not wanting to step on the feet of their authorized dealers. You see, some benefits only rolex replica sale exist when you purchase a watch from a brand boutique, while others exist hublot replica uk whether you purchase the watch from a brand boutique or an authorized dealer.