The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2015-03-04

It's My Party and I'll Overdress if I Want to!

store1
sparkle2
store4
store3
store5
Dress? Vintage (On Etsy look at this crazier one) Shoes? Nine West
Clutch? DSW (I justed listed a pretty sweet hard shell bag here!!!) Lipstick? Rimmel, Bordeaux (here)

I got this dress last year when I had a chance to pick through a Korean singer's massive collection of clothing. It has a drapey top, a fit bottom, a thigh high slit and best of all, some amazing sequin business happening. It's hard to describe exactly but the sequins are more of a flat shape than most sequins are and so the pattern has a luxe look to it...? Or maybe I just wanted to call my dress luxe.

It's taken me a year to find an occasion to wear this but I figure what better occasion than the opening of the bigger The Edit. If you are going to be over dressed, it might as well be to your own party, or whatever... be overdressed anytime...
The grand re-opening of The Edit was last week Thursday. I was not as nervous as when I first opened a shop in 2013  (whoa, just re-read that post and cried all over the keyboard...) because it's all a bit more familiar now, but I still had some butterflies in my stomach ripping the paper off the shop windows at 6:59 p.m...
And then from 7 p.m. until 10 p.m. on Thursday the shop was packed. I honestly was not expecting such a great turn-out. I mean, my mom wasn't even around, so I could not even count on her to buy a brooch and help me make my sales goals... But so many people came out to check out the place and support both myself and Beka (a local gem of a lady friend who is also selling through the shop now!) and I  (we) are super freaking grateful.
After the opening party, we went next door with a few friends for a drink (yeah, The Edit is right beside the super cool Black Sheep which is both good and bad...) and then back home. I was so very tired but yet so completely wired and overwhelmed that I could not sleep. I tossed and turned until 4 a.m., then I got up and did the only quiet chore I could think of; I folded the laundry. At 5:45 a.m. I figured the buses were running along the main roads and it was late enough to walk to the shop and clean up after a good party. I just needed a good brisk walk and some time to process it all. To be honest, what I really wanted was my mom and a good cry in her arms but scrubbing the shop floors had to do instead. And when I say that I wanted to cry, I mean it like a good cry, a grateful cry.
I say it all the time, and I hope I never lose this feeling, even when it all gets 'old' but it is so humbling when people care to support your endeavour.
Grateful. Humbled. Tired.
All the feelings over here...

14 comments :

Unknown said...

Congrats on opening a new shop, Jentine! May you have many more years of ups and downs, but mostly just success.

Gracey the Giant said...

Congratulations on the grand re-opening! And this dress is just lovely on you.

Anonymous said...

This dress is amazing!

Sheila said...

Jen, I'm so proud of you! What a huge accomplishment and surpassing of your dream! It's so exciting - you know I would have been there (and spent like mad) if I had kajillion dollars and could charter a plane to come out there for a day.

Congrats, my dear! You are dazzling and gorgeous in that dress (and I want the champagne dress one!).

Natalie Ellis-Lackey said...

It is such an amazing dress, and it looked like it was made bespoke for you!

Also, the shop looks/is amazing, and I wish everyone could get a chance to happily peruse through all the beautiful and unique items you have in there! Maybe you should consider setting up a travel grant program?! ;)

Tanvi from tanvii.com said...

Congrats! The joy of pursuing your dream. So happy for you. Also you look like a million bucks.

∞ tanvii.com ∞

DressUpNotDown said...

What a perfect occasion to wear your amazing dress! Your account was very moving, congratulations! I am both happy for you and insanely jealous of that dress! :o) Three cheers for success and sequins!!!

JJ
www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous dress!! You look stunning :)

http://www.maisietee.blogspot.co.uk

Unknown said...

That dress is so perfect! Congrats on a the re-opening! That is very exciting - glad that your community was supportive and awesome!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

auroeta art gallery said...

OMG.. this dress is heavenly beautiful!! The cut, the length, this pattern, the bling-bling and the gorgeous colors! Big LOVE! :)
Had to find this other dress on Etsy - the black one with the glass on it. Love your dress more.

have a good time
hope you can stop by and join in my new project
Dana
http://danalovesfashionandmusic.blogspot.de/2015/03/wabisabi-real-beauty-project-5.html

Esther said...

OBSESSED with that dress!!

http://thegirlswhobrunch.com

Unknown said...

www0712
oakley sunglasses
kate spade outlet
nfl jerseys wholesale
merrell shoes
indianapolis colts jerseys
michael kors outlet
true religion jeans
uggs outlet
michael kors outlet
denver broncos jerseys







Unknown said...

www11.17




moncler outlet
pandora

lacoste polo
jordan shoes
off white jordan
longchamp
ralph lauren polo
canada goose outlet
basketballl shoes

Huyền Châu said...

eva air có tốt không
eva airline
vé máy bay từ mỹ về vn giá rẻ
book vé China Airlines
phòng vé pacific airlines
blog chia sẻ kinh nghiệm du lịch