The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2014-09-15

B & W

flower2
flower1
flower3
flower4
flower5
Dress? Vintage (via VintageWhimsy, my fave insta shop) Boots? Nine West Glasses? Warby Parker, Duckworth (here) Leather jacket? Costa Blanca Clutch, earrings and bracelet? Vintage Cat hair? Kyle's

I'm in a bit of a monochromatic rut and so I told myself that my next outfit post would be something ridiculously bright and colourful. But then this 60's embroidered wiggle dress arrived in the mail and that threw a wrench in those colourful intentions. 
Speaking of intentions, I also intended to do the whole fashion blogger thing of  not putting my arms through the sleeves of my jacket as little as possible but... I kinda dug it this time. Two years ago it seemed to be some quick trend and now it looks to be sticking around. I feel like in real life people wonder why you don't just put your arms through your stupid sleeves, but Pinterest makes it look so cool...
And that's kind of the biggest problem with Pinterest isn't it? It makes everything look cool. I was on drink duty for a party a while back and I pinned a drink that would fit the theme perfectly and of course it tasted like... eh, can't think of a proper analogy but really, it was terrible. Some nice wine would have been just fine but Pinterest had me convinced that that wasn't enough...

From here on out, I'll take my Pinterest with a grain of salt. I will keep my arms out of my sleeves only on select occasions but I think my drink mixing days are officially over*...


*except for at the cottage,  ok Elisha?

6 comments :

Author said...

Yeah I get angry at Pinterest a lot. At the end of the day, I'm a really practical girl and I just don't do/wear/buy things that aren't practical. So when I see a pretty pin, my mind goes through this battle -- "Look pretty!"
"But it's so impractical, it would never work IRL."
"But look how pretty!"
"But how can I really wear/do that? Not possible."
I always have to take my Pinterest with a few very generous grains of salt.

The Suburb Experiment said...

Was it avocado margaritas? I pinned them a while ago but am a little wary. . .

You look fantastic in black and white BTW.

Unknown said...

Man, I love these photos with your black and white look and the purple wall! I didn't get the jacket draped over shoulders thing two years ago. I remember seeing someone at fashion week two years ago do it and thinking "she's stupid" and of course two years later, it trickles down to me like most trends and techy things like Pinterest. I think they're stupid and eventually, much too late, I realize its merit. But anyways, you look gorgeous per usual and I love your outfit posts and I feel terrible because I haven't been commenting, but I stalk you and love you and wish you lived closer. Okay, done with my creeper comments.

Unknown said...

ninest123 16.03
cheap oakley sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, ugg boots, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, tory burch outlet, oakley sunglasses, jordan shoes, longchamp, louboutin, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, burberry, ugg boots, louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, replica watches, michael kors outlet, nike outlet, tiffany and co, prada handbags, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin shoes, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet, ugg boots, christian louboutin outlet, longchamp outlet, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet online, ugg boots, louis vuitton outlet, uggs on sale, oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, replica watches, chanel handbags, gucci outlet, nike free, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, nike air max

Unknown said...

kate spade outlet, hogan, coach outlet, michael kors, sac longchamp, nike air max, nike free run uk, ralph lauren pas cher, longchamp pas cher, coach outlet, nike blazer, vans pas cher, nike air max, lululemon, lacoste pas cher, air max, burberry, kate spade handbags, michael kors, mulberry, michael kors, nike free, tn pas cher, true religion jeans, true religion jeans, hollister pas cher, louboutin pas cher, michael kors, abercrombie and fitch, air jordan pas cher, true religion outlet, ray ban uk, sac guess, hollister, oakley pas cher, ralph lauren uk, converse pas cher, replica handbags, north face, air force, true religion jeans, nike roshe, nike roshe run, timberland, new balance pas cher, hermes, vanessa bruno, nike air max, coach purses, ray ban pas cher, north face

Unknown said...

hollister, moncler, barbour, coach outlet, pandora charms, moncler, moncler outlet, moncler, ugg boots uk, wedding dresses, sac louis vuitton pas cher, canada goose, moncler, ray ban, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, links of london, louis vuitton, doudoune canada goose, converse, canada goose, pandora charms, swarovski, karen millen, canada goose outlet, replica watches, thomas sabo, pandora jewelry, swarovski crystal, barbour jackets, bottes ugg, pandora jewelry, canada goose, vans, montre pas cher, converse outlet, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, canada goose uk, juicy couture outlet, moncler, marc jacobs, gucci, canada goose, moncler, louis vuitton, canada goose outlet, supra shoes, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, louis vuitton, moncler, toms shoes, lancel, ugg pas cher
ninest123 16.03