The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2014-03-10

Nautically Titled

2etsyblog3
(sequin shirt here and striped clutch here)

Just put up a cute little Nautical themed collection on Etsy. Stuck between calling the collection 'Ahoy Captain' and 'Batten Down the Hatches'. Naming collections is tough and mostly cheesy. I have a lot of new found respect for those responsible for titling magazine editorials... 
So Etsy... I've decided I am going to do one themed collection a month (or so...). Right now I don't have the room to run Etsy from the shop, so I do it from home and it all takes a lot more time than I care to admit (I'm so slow...). I know I can't handle a big Etsy collection or compete with the huge (and amazing) vintage Etsy sellers so I figured I might as well do my own thing... hence, monthly themed collections. 
Changing up the collections every month will keep it fresh and exciting, both for me to put up and hopefully for you as well. This month the theme is Nautical because navy and red and gold and stripes and polka dots and anchors are fun. Maybe the next collection can be something a little more offbeat like 'What to Wear to Your Frenemy's Wedding'. Eh, that's perhaps too snarky. 'Fabulous Cat Lady' is a sure contender though. So many options, so many months.

And what's my favourite piece in this capsule collection? I'm glad you asked (or didn't, whatever...). Besides the red sequin shirt up top and the perfect peplum dress below, it might be this circle skirt. I can't say it enough, circle skirts are so fun! Hard to get anything done when you are distracted by your own awesome swirling circle skirt... 

2etsyblog4
(this fabulous dress here

9 comments :

Ashley said...

Puh-LEASE call it Batten Down the Hatches! That's one of my favorite nautical turns-of-phrase. I wrote about its origin here: http://thisisnotreallife.tumblr.com/post/34581333873/battening-down-the-hatches right before Hurricane Sandy in 2012.

Love the top!

Jennifer said...

You are such a stunner!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

Oooooh, the Albert Nipon is gorgeous! Your Etsy shop looks really, really great Yen!

myedit said...

Ashley- I checked out the origin. I feel very full of knowledge now:)

Sarah said...

I know this comment is a bit late, but I would shop the heck out of a collection called, "what to wear to a frenemies wedding." It would be the perfect blend of classy, sexy and a bit over the top.

Unknown said...

jordan 4
minnesota vikings jerseys
louis vuitton outlet
michael kors outlet
celine handbags
ray-ban sunglasses
fitflop sandals
supra sneakers
ugg uk
jordans for sale
nike outlet store
ray ban sunglasses
cheap rolex watches
adidas outlet
uggs australia
christian louboutin shoes
kate spade outlet
toms shoes
christian louboutin paris
coach outlet
michael kors outlet
tods shoes
louis vuitton borse
gucci outlet
ray ban sunglasses
louis vuitton outlet
canada goose jackets
adidas superstar
hollister clothing
oakley sunglasses wholesale
christian louboutin sale
oakley sunglasses
louis vuitton handbags
true religion uk
michael kors outlet
cheap jordans
coach outlet
michael kors handbags
coach factory outlet
toms shoes
20169.2wengdongdong

yanmaneee said...

golden goose
supreme new york
golden goose
air jordan
moncler outlet
moncler jackets
adidas ultra boost
adidas tubular
yeezy boost 350
balenciaga

thase said...

click for info see it here wikipedia reference Valentino Dolabuy their website Continued

Supply For Cuties said...

Hello matee great blog