Split Ends


Dress? Vintage Scaasi (Here is the exact one on Etsy and here is a different colourway for a bit cheaper. Let's be twins!!!) Shoes? Guess, thrifted (similar here) Clutch? Hilary Radley Belt? Thrifted

A few things got a little facelift around here. My favourite purple wall got a fresh coat of purple paint and my hairs got a trim... Well, the one side got a trim and the other side got a chop. 
I've been pinning assymetrical haircuts on Pinterest (where else really?) like it was my job and yet, when I finally made it to the hairdresser last week, I chickened out and just got a trim. 10 minutes later I decided it was just hair and it was time to cut away the dead and just go for it. 
I love the cut but I won't lie, I had a bit of regret as I thought about my curls that had taken so long to grow... It's not even that big of a cut but it takes me forevvvvver to grow out my hair. Forever. I'm not one of those people that goes to bed with a pixie and wakes up up with a bob. Those curls were three years of hard work*.
But I gave myself a little speech about not wasting time regretting a elective haircut. As they say 'don't cry over spilt milk...' or in this case spilt ends.

*Not sure what this hard work is? Though when Matt gets a too short hair cut he earnestly tells me he is working hard to grow it back by watering it every day....


briannelee said...

I think your hair looks great!!!

Ah, love this dress. The colors are so pretty.

Sophie said...

I happen to think your hair looks smoking!

Kate said...

Ooh, girl! That dress! I love love love it!

Style & Poise said...

Absolutely love that dress and how you styled it with the snakeskin print pumps!


Naomi said...

Growing hair IS hard work! But I love your trim/chop job! And your dress is gorgeous~


The Occasional Indulgence

Arykah said...

Adorable! And, just as a side note, if you want to grow your hair faster, try Trader Joe's vitamins "Women's Multivitamins for hair, skin and nails". I use it and it made my hair grow REALLY fast. Everyone I know who I've recommended it to (about 4 or 5 people) love the results too. :)

lilynymph said...

I am the chick with the matching dress on Etsy. I love your blog and am so happy to see you rocking this awesome dress!! It looks really great on you :)

Catherine Summers said...

Yen that dress is absolutely gorgeous on you - and I love it in front of the lilac wall!! I agree - your hair looks great, but I know what you mean about chickening out when you're sitting in the chair ;)

Catherine x

Ladies in Navy said...

this dress is too sweet!
kw ladies in navy

DressUpNotDown said...

From Grade school to my early 20s I didn't have a "real" haircut, just trims. Then I said, "What the heck, it grows back!" I've had no hair regrets since. :o) Glad you went for it!


melissa rosenkilde said...

That dress is insane!


Karli said...

Bloody cracker of a dress!! Stunning on you. Also, your blog looks very pretty - have I missed a makeover?

veronika girlandcloset said...

I'm loving your hair Yen, it looks so fabulous on you!! And I know what you mean... I chopped a good bit of hair off this fall and I too missed my long locks. But I've gotten used to it and love it now!! And how pretty is this dress? Love it paired with the snake skin shoes & fab belt!!

By The Shore, a life + style blog

Jennifer said...

Your hair looks so pretty! Good decision!

xo Jennifer


Anonymous said...

Its not so short, just makes it look like a perma-blogger head tilt!

Belle de Couture said...

This outfit is SO GOOD! Obsessed with it all from H to T! I love how you paired an edgier belt with such a ladylike dress! That's one of my fave things to do and you reminded me that I have a pink/purple vintage jacket that would look amaze with my black southwest belt! Thanks for the inspo! And p.s. Dying over those heels too! Great find!


Leah said...

This dress looks amazing on you, and love the hair cut!