The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2012-10-16

Gifts Given

gift3
gift4
gift2
gift1
gift6

Blazer? Vintage Milli's, gift Silk shirt? Thrifted Jeans? Citizens of Humanity Boots? Ash

I've mentioned it before, but people like to give me stuff. Clothes, housewares, sewing supplies... just stuff. I would, of course, like to imagine this is because I am such a worthy recipient, but I think the truth is that I am seen as a dumping ground for the unusual.
It's flattering that people think I can make good use of the most random items. Or that people think of me when something weird passes through their hands. Honestly, sometimes I can't do anything with what I have been given and I will pass it on and donate it.
I still haven't quite figured out what to do with the wicker basket full of shoulder pads and pink zippers... But I knew exactly what to do with the silk blend vintage Milli's blazer that I received. The beading, the (triangular!) shoulder pads and the cut have the blazer on the edge of old school but when paired with some good denim and a studded boot, all is modern again.
With pieces like this finding their way into my closet, I will gladly continue to accept whatever crazy comes my way...

26 comments :

Anonymous said...

I'll be passing on my crazy blouse to my SIL this weekend to pass on to you! I'd love to see what you can do with it - if anything! I failed...miserably!

Veronika Novotny said...

Ah, Jentine you did an amazing job styling that blazer, it's absolutely gorgeous and you are right so modern. xo

Secondhand Stella said...

Gorgeous. Lucky you!

Unknown said...

What a great blazer! A lot of little old ladies like to pass on their vintage to me because they know that I'll appreciate it. Isn't that amazing when that happens?

xoxo,
laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Sidewalk Chic said...

What an awesome blazer! I wouldn't have known what to do with those high shoulders and beading, but you styled it really well. Congrats on being the one people think of when they find unusual things — it means you will have the most amazing attic treasures when you're older :)

Unknown said...

I love this!! You look HOT! :)

eelsay said...

I absolutely love the blazer the beading is beautiful!

Xoxo,

eelsay

www.theluxuryrehab.com

Sue said...

Beautiful, and styled brilliantly I might add. I love how your hair is styled too. Is there something changed about it?

Sue

Jessica Gitler said...

that blazer is all sorts of amazing ... I would love to have a beauty like that in my closet ... lucky girl, and paired with that blouse ... perfection!!
Jess
JESS CAUSE BLOG

Krystin Lee said...

Loving the mix of the blouse and blouse - so fun!
xo Krystin
suburbanfauxpas.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

That is the most amazing blazer I've every seen!! What a great colour, and I quite like the "old school" style because it's perfect with skinny jeans!

Jennifer said...

This is one of my favorite outfits of yours! Love the blazer!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

Love that blazer on you, the purple color is beautiful! And those jeans fit you perfect.
x

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!
Pinning it!

ella

Carrie said...

Love this blazer! Great blog!
Style in the City

Christine said...

That blazer was a great find!
http://work-it-blog.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

This is oe of my fav look from you! Love everything about this.

Anonymous said...

that blazer is so rock n roll!!

Joanne M said...

um, that blazer is pretty stellar!

Lexi said...

This outfit is gorgeous -- such a great job styling that blazer!
♡ Lexi @ Glitter, Inc.

rose said...

I love your thrifted wardrobe especially this silk blazer!

Check out my thrifted wool blazer and leather Danier skirt!

Rose

swagnstyle.blogspot.ca

Rebecca Jane said...

the beading on that blazer takes it from "already pretty awesome" to "spectacular". Love it.

Caramel Latte Kiss said...

What a great gift! The beading is fantastic.

Joanne said...

love this look most especially that blazer!

Jumberlain said...

This outfit is rad. You're gorgeous!

petersmith said...

People think of when they find unusual things — it means you will have the most amazing attic treasures when you're older :)
Pawnbroking