The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2010-12-29

The Edge

scarf4

scarf1

scarf2

scarf7

scarf3


Pants? Zara (old)
Blazer? Vintage Ralph Lauren, thrifted
Belt? Thrifted
Scarf? Made by my Mama for my final university collection
Gloves? Steve Madden, Winners
Bracelets? Crazy lady at the Ex

I hope you appreciate the last photo where I am swinging my legs over a big, tall drop. Maybe not a big deal to many of you, but I am one of those people who hates heights. It usually doesn't affect my life... I will decline the invitation to hang out in your tree house and I try to avoid hot air balloon proposals from prospective suitors.

At work, I can't avoid heights. Sometimes the landscaper has to climb the ladder to prune back the ivy growing into the roof line... And for years, even though I was a scared little lady, I would suck it up and climb that ladder like it was my job. Maybe because it was...

It's better now... I often work with my awesome friend and landscape sidekick, Dorothy. I clap my hands, smile big and tell her how privileged she is to climb on the roof to cut back those branches I couldn't reach. And she does it. Because she is a monkey disguised as pretty young woman. Tricky.

scarf8

I hope everyone has a friend like Dorothy. Someone who crosses the line with inappropriate jokes, regularly brings you baking and is willing to climb the highest branch for you (be it physically or metaphorically). And now.... this post is turning into a John Tesh segment... nice...

29 comments :

Santina said...

I love your cozy and chic winter look! That blazer is amazing - great find!

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

LOL

Before I read what you wrote, I was planning on commenting saying, 'I love the last photo of you sitting on that ledge..'!

I (secretly) love John Tesh. :S

A.Co @ A.Co est. 1984

Anonymous said...

I love that first picture--that line created from elbow patches to belt. Brilliant!

Marie a la Mode said...

ha ha loved this post! Both outfits are cute and chic! Hope you're enjoying your holidays : )

Karla said...

I share your hate for heights. Specially roller coasters! I'm the bag lady, I hold everyone's bag while they are standing in line to get their near death experience (why!?!?!).

On a lighter note, I love how these pants make your legs go on for days. Also I'm in love with that RL vintage blazer! I was just looking for one at Zara the other day but I'm definitely going to thrift for one first.

Artfully Awear said...

I love the blazer! Great photo location, btw :)

brittneynikkole said...

Love this look! I've been feeling brown and gray together lately. To me it looks both warm and unexpected.

Emily (tomorrow never knows) said...

wow. tesh.com huh?
and he has a blog! http://johntesh.wordpress.com/

Ok is it just me or are you blogging a lot? could be that im catching up on my bloglovin stuff from last week still but jeez lady, this is ca-razy. in a good way.

Martha said...

That last picture makes my hands and feet tingle. That's how afraid of heights I am!

Sarah said...

My heart has been warmed....both metaphorically and physically.

LyddieGal said...

...hot air balloon proposal is the one of my dreams....

I love your scarf and gloves, they both look so pretty, cozy and warm!

Raquelita said...

Dammit! I hope I can get a refund from the hot air balloon company!

I love those Zara pants and the Steve Madden gloves.

jenn from midlife modern said...

Girl, you know how to DRESS. Belting a blazer is an advanced method and you wear it damn well. Hats way off.

Brenna said...

loving this! feels very vintage elite British...if there is such a thing!

Secondhand Stella said...

I am afraid of heights too! Even stupid heights like the top bunk. Its nice that you have a friend you can pawn that duty off on ;)

Unknown said...

Gosh, can we really be style bloggers with a fear of heights? Isn't that one of our do or die duties; to take pictures on a ledge? (Or the edge? Hmmm.)

Emma at Daily Clothes Fix said...

That final photo is great and I appreciate you going above and beyond in the name of art. It's almost as great as your thrifted jacket (almost).

Anonymous said...

the gloves!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl!! What a lovely blog you have!!! It is gorgeous and I love your header!!
As for this outfit, that jacket is amazing!!! Love it!

XX

Farm Girl Fashionista said...

I share your fear of heights and appreciation for a good friend! Great post and fabulous outfit...love that jacket!!

http://thefarmgirlfashionista.blogspot.com/

No Guilt Fashion said...

These pictures are lovely. I love the spot you choose today. Another lovely things is that jacket. It fits perfectly. I also like the scarf paired with it.
No Guilt Fashion

WendyB said...

Love the blazer!

Sydney said...

Um. You look particularly grown up and sexy in those pants. I want them.

AAAANNDD. Someone told me what #FF was ... it's follow friday!! I guess that's when people just share those they'd like their followers to follow.
HA. Good thing a two year old coulda figured that one out huh?

Anonymous said...

I too loathe heights, so kudos to you for being brave.

Also. Those. Pants. Are. Awesome.

Happy New Year to you! I'm behind on my blog reading, but I enjoy yours always.

Colleen said...

Legs over the edge scares the scrap out of me. YOU WILL FALL. I also do not like heights.

Mallory | The Storm in a Teacup said...

Love the trousers!

SWF_Terra said...

Ooooh, this whole thing but really those gloves. I'm dying for some fancy gloves and these are so perfect.

I appreciate the lengths you go to for a great shot. How quickly did you scramble from the edge?

those tricks said...

what a find with that blazer!
and your mama did good with that scarf. very pretty.
also really into the pattern on those Steve Madden gloves.

Lindsay said...

Loving this outfit from head to toe. I love the 70s-style hip-hugging, wide leg jeans and the blazer is fantastic. L-O-V-E.

http://lindsayliving.tumblr.com