The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2010-07-28

Girl Power

My friends and I bought tickets to the Lilith Fair July show back in March. I envisioned strutting around in the sunshine in a strapless dress and sandals (to fill in work tanlines) on a lazy Saturday and finishing the night by releasing my teenage angst to Kelly Clarkson. It didn't quite go as planned. I've been really busy so I missed the day portion of the show, but that didn't matter because it rained most of the day anyways. It's not as fun to dress for a muggy but rainy day. I settled for cotton jersey and a hat; function and fashion. No tanlines were erased that day, though the hair was controlled.
Sadly we never got to rock out to Kelly Clarkson. Lilith has been having some slow ticket sales (though not in Toronto, the show was almost sold out), so they cancelled some of her dates and then she pulled out of the whole tour. She was replaced with The Dixie Chicks Minus the Loud One and Minus Any Songs I Know. Thankfully Chantal Kreviazuk, Lights (girl crush!), Mary J. Blige and Sarah McLachlan killed it. I am not really a huge Mary J. Blige fan but she had great energy with the crowd and I found myself happily singing along about no more drama or hatoration...
Some pics...

lilith2

lilith4

lilith1

lilith6

lilith3

lilith7

lilith5


1. Proof that I went somewhere exciting.
2. I hate it when friends outdress me.
3. Might as well take some pictures if we're going to wait in line for pizza for an hour.
4. Proof I have real friends (as opposed to just peeps online...).
5. All the ladies singing together for the finale. But where was Mary J.?
6. Thinking about torturing my friends and making them take outfit pics... nah...too lazy.
7. Tsk, tsk... some people did not sign the recycling pledge...

22 comments :

20 YORK STREET said...

Love how you rock these accessories! Necklace + fedora = so cool!

Lovers, Saints & Sailors said...

We might be going to a festival this weekend. The pressure to dress "cool" is huge! Nothing says cool like a fedora though...I may just borrow that.

. said...

Is the grey tunic dress thrifted? The cut is fantastic.

jungleworldcitizen said...

No festivals in here but you just reminded me that I haven't bought the tickets to the concert I want to go!
lol
Loved the dress from last post!
xoxo

Unknown said...

woah, love that hat. dam humidity. such a pain in the butt! looks like you had a good time.

Victoria said...

Wow, I really love your blog!!

I've added it to my reading list and will check it out properly when I get chance.

Please check out my blog, it's only in it's early days but I'm doing a little vintage giveaway, if your interested it's http://my-favourite-fashion.blogspot.com/

Vikki xx

Secondhand Stella said...

Your outfit is super cute! I feel like you are the friend that I love to hate... I think I have a cute outfit and then you show up in something way cuter and then I secretly hate you ;)

GFS said...

I love how simple yet pulled together this look!

I love Mary J in concert too. Erykah Badu wasn't there? I heard she was on that tour too? No Jill Scott either?

Nicki said...

Love the fedora! And I also have a girl crush on Lights, she seems so cute and sweet!

Julia said...

Lilith Fair would be my dream. I was too young to go back in the day but now I'm not and I'm seething with jealousy! I never, never doubted you have "real" friends -- and your jersey dress looks like a perfect compromise to a situation that's not quite perfect. Love!

xo

rlutz said...

I went to Lilith two weeks again and I was definitely not as stylish as you! Love that dress and necklace!
I was also disappointed no kelly Clarkson...so wanted to channel my inner teenage girl and sing at the top of my lungs..

noel said...

love your chunky necklace! what a great look...
noel

Laura said...

Love the necklace! Some great outfits in this post :)

L x

Half Dressed

Emma at Daily Clothes Fix said...

Wow, you look amazing. So simple but the accessories make the outfit.

The Wh0le Story said...

Just found your blog via another blog, and love your style! A friend and I were thinking about getting tickets to Lilith Fair, but then I realized it may be a bust...ended up not going, but glad you had a good time! Love your hair!

Elaine said...

How FUN!!! I love Sarah McLachlan. I also love what you're wearing! I would've gone with jeans and a tee but you look glammed up!

clothed much, a modest fashion blog

Kaleidoscope Adventures said...

This looks so much fun! Your outfit was so cute and I absolutely love your hat. Makes me want to run out and buy one right away!

GS said...

For a mooommeennt like thiiiiis, i willll cop out last minute.. hahah Kelly Clarkson absence aside it still looked like a great time! Sweet poncho!

Divorce Melbourne said...

seems a lot of fun over there

Sydney Lawyers said...

love your necklace and blog xx

Allison said...

I went to Lilith in Chicago a few weekends ago and LOVED it. I am a huge Sarah McLachlan fan and just about died when she came on stage. And I agree about Mary J. Not a mega huge fan of hers, but her set was amazing!

Love your blog as always!

S. of academichic said...

I'm SO jealous, I want to go to Lilith Fair!! Looks like a great time despite the rain, how awesome! S.