The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2014-10-31

Dress Me Up, Take Me Out

tulle13
tulle11
tulle6
tulle5
tulle10
tulle12

Dress? Vintage Necklace? Vintage (I'll list it as part of the upcoming etsy holiday collection)
Shoes? Young and Tae  (can't find these exactly online but they do custom and can make these again... They are also very comfortable... true story) Clutch? Vintage, Shop Elofson 

Often enough I get ladies in the store looking for a last-minute dress to wear to a wedding. I'm the opposite, I'm looking for a last-minute wedding so I can wear a dress.
My friend recommended putting out an ad on Kijiji (like Craig's List...) advertising as seat-filler for weddings. I'm not sure it will work; your mother guilting you into inviting her third cousin's hair dresser is seat filler enough.

We actually did have a wedding when I wore this dress but if there had been no wedding, I would have worn this to do a post office run because I was just so excited to take it out. I made a deal with myself to sell one of my party dresses in exchange for taking this one into the fold (AKA the closet). Making a trade is a big decision but I'm pretty sure this one is an upgrade over almost everything. I love the forest green with the bronze lining popping through and the velvet roses scattered on the skirt.
I think I am just going to have to host a holiday party. Not to see my friends and eat food and drink fancy beverages but just to wear this dress again...

28 comments :

wtiger9 said...

I almost gasped aloud when I saw this picture in my blog feed. STUNNING! This color is MADE for you!

Alison at Wardrobe Oxygen said...

Oh this dress! SWOON!

Adrienne J said...

This is gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

You remind me of a princess and I love it and I want that necklace!

Anna said...

GORGEOUS - I would definitely take this into the fold too.

Franziska said...

It's seriously not fair how pretty you are. That first picture is stunning!

Kathleen said...

This is the dress of my dreams!

Suzanne said...

Wow this dress is perfection. The necklace too.

bisous
Suzanne

Coosje said...

What wtiger9 said. That was exactly my reaction. Glamour girl!!!

Rebecca Jane said...

This dress had to be a keeper, no matter the trade-off because it is glorious. And it looks incredibly wonderful on you. If I ever get married I might take you up on your "kijiji seatfiller ad" (hilariously awesome idea on part of your friend) just so that lovely dress can get an outing... ha

DressUpNotDown said...

Now THAT is the perfect reason to host a party!!!

JJ
www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

Little House of Haute said...

One of a kind vintage find + non traditional colors = best dress at the party every time!

Minnie said...

Everything about you is gorgeous....I WAS wondering how far you could walk in those shoes though until you mentioned that they ARE comfortable!

Michele with 1 L said...

I also gasped when I saw this photo! I just told my 10 year old daughter, who still loves princesses, that THIS would be my dream princess dress! Absolutely stunning!

Unknown said...

The color is awesome, i like it !


Sofie
http://www.persunca.com/

Mindy said...

Gorgeous as always. Have you always had your nose pierced?!

Jamie Morton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie Morton said...

You look gorgeous in this beautiful dress! And this necklace is great.
Expert cleaning company Ashford

Ingrid said...

You always look lovely, but these pictures are fabulous works of art... Oh my...

maya luna said...

oh green green lovin.. nature color.. i love it.. and u look amazing with it. thanks

fashion designer???

www.robecart.com

Unknown said...

Beyond beautiful. The color is divine.

Anonymous said...

That is a gorgeous dress color and photoshoot location!

http://itsjpei.wordpress.com/

Monika Jones said...

Awwww, stunning photos! The dress is totally amazing! Just can't take my eyes off these pics!
xoxo
End of tenancy cleaners Croydon

Unknown said...

kate spade outlet, hogan, coach outlet, michael kors, sac longchamp, nike air max, nike free run uk, ralph lauren pas cher, longchamp pas cher, coach outlet, nike blazer, vans pas cher, nike air max, lululemon, lacoste pas cher, air max, burberry, kate spade handbags, michael kors, mulberry, michael kors, nike free, tn pas cher, true religion jeans, true religion jeans, hollister pas cher, louboutin pas cher, michael kors, abercrombie and fitch, air jordan pas cher, true religion outlet, ray ban uk, sac guess, hollister, oakley pas cher, ralph lauren uk, converse pas cher, replica handbags, north face, air force, true religion jeans, nike roshe, nike roshe run, timberland, new balance pas cher, hermes, vanessa bruno, nike air max, coach purses, ray ban pas cher, north face

voquanghuy1307 said...

thanks ad very good for site: cờ bạc bịp

nguyenphuong said...

Thanks for sharing! If have a long time than visit to nguyên nhân gây viêm tinh hoàn

Anonymous said...

Van gió chữ nhật cánh tôn được thiết kế bởi đội ngũ kỹ thuật tay nghề chuyên môn sâu, toàn bộ các khâu sản xuất đều được qua kiểm duyệt chặt chẽ từ bộ phận kỹ thuật, kết hợp với công nghệ máy móc hiện đại nhất hiện nay:
Van gió chữ nhật cánh tôn




Anonymous said...

Ống gió tròn xoắn với ưu điểm vượt trội nhờ việc vận chuyển khí hiệu quả, áp suất thấp, đồng nghĩa với việc công suất quạt sẽ giảm đi. Hiệu suất về âm thanh tốt vì bề mặt cong cho phép giảm tiếng ồn tối thiểu và chi phí lắp đặt ban đầu thấp.: Ống gió tôn tráng kẽm