The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2011-06-13

How Scarves Get Swapped

Usually the most exciting thing I get in the mail is a tax reassessments. And that is usually accompanied with a mini breakdown. Lately though (despite the postal strike on the island of Canada which has slowed down service a bit...sad face), I've been getting some pretty scarves from some of my Internet bosom buddies, namely Jessie (the mastermind behind the swap!), Katy and Kendi. The good news is that we are hosting a giant scarf swap so we can all be bosom buddies! ... I totally wanted to say bosom twice... three times... Ok, back on track... Here are some details...


scarfswap[1]


+ sign-ups start today and go through sunday the 19th at noon
+ send your full name, mailing address, email address & blog URL (if you have one)
to jessie [at] theconcretecatwalk [dot] com
+ participants will be connected with another blogger
and notified of their matches on monday, june 20th
+ everyone who joins should be able to find and send a scarf
to their match by the end of this month
+ every one is encouraged to post about the scarf they've received
and link back to the person who sent it
(however, non-bloggers are MORE than welcome to participate!)

a few guidelines:

+ the swap is open to residents of the US and Canada
+ the scarves should be of good taste, and in great condition.
vintage, new, second-hand... whatever you'd like to send,
please make sure that it is also something that you would like to receive
(while still keeping the purchase price under $10)
+ the scarves don't have to be real silk,
but please look for the silky square or rectangular shaped ones
(like the ones featured in our posts) vs. any type of winter scarves.
+ please ONLY sign-up if you are absolutely sure you can participate.
I would hate for anyone who joins us to have to go without a scarf!


You know what I like best about this swap? That it's low effort and low cost. I feel like I need a PowerPoint demonstration to illustrate those points... though I shall try my best without pie charts and bar graphs.
Low effort? Nice scarves are easy to find, especially at a thrift store or you might already have a stash...
Low cost? I mailed mine as regular post. I wrote a card with sweet nothings, slid a scarf inside, kissed the envelope and threw some stamps on for good luck. It was the cost of one of Matt's endless supply of coffees...
So... if you want a chance to swap a scarf and a hand written love note with me or if you just want to swap scarves... sign up!!!

11 comments :

Patricia said...

I would love to do this so much. And 100% would if I wasn't about to leave the country for a couple months. I suppose that's probably a little too non-committal, haha. Oh well.

Terrific idea though, including non-fashion bloggers in the fashion blogging antics.

Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat. said...

I signed up this morning and I can't wait to get my scarf!! (I'm in canada too so hopefully Canada Post doesn't sabotage my style...)

XO
Lenore

Lee said...

So fun! I'm always looking for new scarves, and fun ways to style them!!
emailing you now!

http://buddy-in-between.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I'm pondering...I'd like to participate but Many of my scarves are more funky than functional.

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea! I'm totally in!

thatdamngreendress said...

what a great idea- I love it! Definitely joining in- I love picking scarves for people!

Laura said...

I'm in! This is going to be so much fun.

Elly said...

I'm definitely in - just emailed Jessie! I love to collect silky scarves (thrifting, particularly at the dollar-a-pound store I go to a lot, where a scarf is incredibly cheap), but really need to be pushed to incorporate them into my daily outfits more. Thanks for letting us know about this project!

Jess said...

Yay! How fun! I just signed up!

Anastasia from Natbeesfashion said...

Thats a great idea!Well done girls!
Too bad I live in Europe though...
x

Sorcha MacK said...

This is such a cute idea. I love receiving mail - even better if there's cute presents inside.

If I didn't live in London I'd be all over it!